These upcoming projects will have the following impacts on Ottawa traffic:
- Albert and Bay streets – From Friday, November 15 at 7 pm until Sunday, November 17 at 10 pm, Albert Street will be closed between Lyon Street and Bronson Avenue, and Bay Street will be closed between Slater and Queen streets for the installation of a new gas main. Pedestrian access will be maintained. Cyclists can dismount and use the sidewalk.
- Highway 417 – From Thursday, November 7 to Wednesday, November 13, Highway 417 will be reduced to two eastbound lanes between Carling and Parkdale avenues, nightly from 10 pm to 8 am on weekends and from 10 pm to 6 am on weekdays, for construction on the Harmer Avenue pedestrian bridge. The Parkdale Avenue off-ramp will remain open. In addition, Highway 417 will have westbound lane reductions from Thursday, November 14 to Friday, November 15 between Bronson Avenue and Island Park Drive, nightly from 10 pm to 6 am.
- Remembrance Day parades: On Monday, November 11 between 7 am and 2 pm, the following areas of the city will be impacted by parades:
- Bells Corners
- Constance Bay
- South Carleton
Visit the City’s traffic report for detailed information about parade road closures and traffic impacts.
- National Remembrance Day Parade: On Monday, November 11 between 7 am and 1 pm, the National Remembrance Day Parade will take place downtown. The following roads will be closed during the parade:
- Wellingtn Street between Sussex Drive and O’Connor Street
- Queen Street between O’Connor Street and Elgin Street
- Elgin Street between Wellington Street and Slater Street
- Metcalfe Street between Wellington Street and Queen Street
In addition, the following streets will close intermittently during the ceremony:
- Laurier Avenue between Nicholas and Elgin streets
- Elgin Street between Laurier Avenue and Albert Street
- Colonel By Drive between Rideau Street and Daly Avenue
- Mackenzie Avenue between Rideau Street and Daly Avenue
- Daly Avenue between Colonel By Drive and Nicholas Street
- Nicholas Street southbound between Daly and Laurier avenues