Upcoming events and projects will have the following impacts on Ottawa traffic:
- Elgin Street – Beginning on Monday, January 7, Elgin Street will be closed to traffic between Somerset and Catherine streets as part of the Elgin Street Renewal project. There will be additional traffic impacts on Elgin Street, between Laurier Avenue and Somerset Street:
- One southbound lane will remain open along Elgin Street from Laurier Avenue to Somerset Street.
- The northbound lane on Elgin Street will be closed from Somerset Street to Nepean Street.
- The exit from the City Hall parking garage to Elgin Street will remain open, with northbound access to Elgin Street.
- Vehicles will be able to access Elgin Street as usual from Nepean Street.
As construction progresses, Elgin Street will close fully to traffic between Laurier Avenue and Catherine Street. Visit ottawa.ca/elginstreet for up-to-date information, including detour maps, on Elgin Street closures.
- Cumberland Street – From Monday, January 7 to Friday, June 7, Cumberland Street will be closed between Wilbrod and Stewart streets for the construction of the Combined Sewage Storage Tunnel.
For more updates on construction and roadwork activity across the city, or for information about traffic and travel planning, visit the City’s Traffic Report or follow the City’s traffic account on Twitter.