Upcoming events and projects will have the following impacts on Ottawa traffic:
- Elgin Street: Hydro Ottawa work continues along the east side of Elgin Street between Waverley Street and Lisgar Street. On-street parking on both sides of Elgin Street is prohibited within these blocks. This phase of Hydro Ottawa’s work to bury overhead hydro lines should be completed late this fall. Visit ottawa.ca/elginstreet to stay up to date on project-related traffic impacts.
- Union Street: From Monday, December 10 to Friday, December 14, Union Street will be closed daily from 9 am to 3:30 pm to all traffic, including pedestrians and cyclists, between King Edward Avenue and Stanley Avenue for construction at the Minto Bridges. Traffic will be detoured via King Edward Avenue, Sussex Drive and Stanley Avenue. The underground parking garage at the rear of the John G. Diefenbaker Building at 111 Sussex Drive on Green Island will be accessible at all times.
- Highway 174: From Monday, December 10 to Saturday, December 15, the Highway 174 eastbound off ramp to Blair Road will be closed nightly from 10 pm to 5 am for the installation of steel beam guiderails.
- Jockvale Road: From Monday, December 10 to Friday, December 21, Jockvale Road will be fully closed between Longfields Drive and Greenbank Road for the installation of a new watermain and storm sewer. Access to Jockvale Road will be maintained to local traffic and emergency vehicles only.
- Osgoode Santa Claus Parade of Lights: On Friday, December 7, from 7 pm to 8:30 pm, Osgoode Main Street will be closed between Taggart Street and the Osgoode Market Square Mall for the Osgoode Santa Claus Parade of Lights. Osgoode Main Street will also be closed between River Road and Nixon Drive from 6:30 pm to 7 pm in preparation of the parade.
- Carp Santa Claus Parade: On Saturday, December 8, from noon to 2 pm, the following streets will be closed for the Carp Santa Claus Parade:
- Carp Road between Juanita Avenue and Donald B. Munro Drive
- Donald B. Munro Drive between Carp Road and Langstaff Drive
- Langstaff Drive between Donald B. Munro Drive and Juanita Avenue
- Juanita Avenue between Langstaff Drive and Carp Road
- Richmond Santa Claus Parade: On Saturday, December 8, from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm, the following streets will be closed for the Richmond Santa Claus Parade:
- Royal York Street between Maitland Avenue and Fowler Street
- Fowler Street between Royal York Street and Strachan Street
- Strachan Street between Fowler Street and McBean Street
- McBean Street between Strachan Street and Perth Street
- Perth Street between McBean Street and Huntley Road
- Huntley Road between Perth Street and the Richmond Arena
For more updates on construction and roadwork activity across the city, or for information about traffic and travel planning, visit the City’s Traffic Report or follow the City’s traffic account on Twitter.