Upcoming events and projects will have the following impacts on Ottawa traffic:
- Elgin Street : Elgin Street is now closed to traffic between Somerset Street West and Catherine Street for the Elgin Street renewal project. There are additional traffic impacts on Elgin Street:
- One southbound lane remains open along Elgin Street from Laurier Avenue West to Somerset Street West.
- The northbound lane on Elgin Street is closed from Somerset Street West to Nepean Street.
- The exit from the City Hall parking garage to Elgin Street remains open, with northbound access to Elgin Street.
- Vehicles can access Elgin Street as usual from Nepean Street.
As construction progresses, Elgin Street will close fully to traffic between Laurier Avenue West and Catherine Street. Visit ottawa.ca/elginstreet for up-to-date information on Elgin Street closures.
- Laurier Avenue East: Until Sunday, March 17, Laurier Avenue East at Nicholas Street will be reduced by one eastbound lane for construction of the Combined Sewage Storage Tunnel. The eastbound cycling lane on Laurier Avenue East will also be closed, and cyclists will merge with vehicles at the intersection.
- Slater Street: On Tuesday, January 15, Slater Street at Kent Street will be reduced by one lane by approximately 140 meters for construction of the Combined Sewage Storage Tunnel. The lane reduction is expected to be approximately 6 months. The dedicated bus lane on Slater Street will remain open. Pedestrian access and access to businesses will also be maintained.
- Highway 417: From Wednesday, January 16 at 11 pm to Thursday, January 17 at 4 am, eastbound lanes on Highway 417 will be reduced between the Carling Avenue on-ramp and the Parkdale Avenue off-ramp for installation of traffic signs.
For more updates on construction and roadwork activity across the city, or for information about traffic and travel planning, visit the City’s Traffic Report or follow the City’s traffic account on Twitter.