Upcoming events and projects will have the following impacts on Ottawa traffic:
- Elgin Street: Elgin Street remains closed to traffic between Somerset and Catherine streets for the Elgin Street Renewal project. There are additional traffic impacts on Elgin Street:
- One southbound lane remains open along Elgin Street from Laurier Avenue to Somerset Street.
- The northbound lane on Elgin Street is closed from Somerset Street to Nepean Street.
- The exit from the City Hall parking garage to Elgin Street remains open, with northbound access to Elgin Street.
- Vehicles can access Elgin Street as usual from Nepean Street.
As construction progresses, Elgin Street will close fully to traffic between Laurier Avenue and Catherine Street. Visit ottawa.ca/elginstreet for up-to-date information.
- Laurier Avenue East: Laurier Avenue East is reduced by one eastbound lane at Nicholas Street until Sunday, March 17, for construction of the Combined Sewage Storage Tunnel. The eastbound cycling lane on Laurier Avenue East is closed, and cyclists will merge with vehicles at the intersection.
- Women’s March Ottawa: Traffic disruptions are expected on Saturday, January 19, between 11:15 am and 1:15 pm at the following locations, for Women’s March Ottawa:
- Wellington Street between Metcalfe and Bank streets
- Bank Street between Wellington Street and Marché Way
For more updates on construction and roadwork activity across the city, or for information about traffic and travel planning, visit the City’s Traffic Report or follow the City’s traffic account on Twitter.