Upcoming events and projects will have the following impacts on Ottawa traffic:
- Elgin Street: Hydro Ottawa work continues along the east side of Elgin Street between Gilmour Street and Gladstone Avenue. On-street parking along both sides of Elgin Street is prohibited within these blocks. This first phase of Hydro Ottawa’s work to bury overhead hydro lines should be completed at the end of October. Visit ottawa.ca/elginstreet to stay up to date on Elgin Street traffic impacts.
- Pretoria Bridge: On Sunday, October 14, Pretoria Bridge will be closed to vehicle traffic for maintenance between Queen Elizabeth Driveway and Colonel By Drive, from 6 am to 2 pm. Cyclists and pedestrians will be able to use the bridge during maintenance, with slight delays.
- Carling Avenue: Until Monday, October 29, the Carling Avenue westbound on-ramp to Highway 417 will remain closed for construction.
- Merivale Road: Until Monday, November 5, Merivale Road will remain closed between Island Park Drive and Carling Avenue, for construction.
- Dunning Road: Until Friday, October 19, Dunning Road will be closed for construction between French Hill Road and Innes Road.
- Piperville Road: From Monday, October 15 until Tuesday, October 30, Piperville Road will be closed for construction at the intersection of Anderson Road. Detour signs will be in place.
- 9 Run Run: On Saturday, October 13, Abbott Street West will be fully closed from 7 am to 1 pm, and Stittsville Main Street will be closed from 8:50 am to 9:30 am for the 9 Run Run Emergency Services Run. Additional lane closures will affect the following streets at times, during the race:
- Flewellyn Road
- Munster Road
- Fernbank Road
- Jinkinson Road
- Trans Canada Trail
- West Ridge Drive
- Cypress Gardens
- Brae Crescent
- Goulbourn Street
- Snowberry Way
For more updates on construction and roadwork activity across the city, or for information about traffic and travel planning, visit the City’s Traffic Report or follow the City’s traffic account on Twitter.