Ottawa – Upcoming events and projects will have the following impacts on Ottawa traffic:
- Queen Street: Until Tuesday, September 18, Queen Street will be closed for construction between O’Connor Street and Metcalfe Street.
- Preston Street: From Saturday, September 15 to Thursday, September 20, Preston Street will be closed for construction between Carling Avenue and Sidney Street.
- Maitland Avenue: From Sunday, September 16 to Wednesday, October 31, Maitland Avenue will have intermittent lane closures between Cameo Drive and Woodward Drive.
- Alta Vista Drive: Until mid-October, Alta Vista Drive will have intermittent lane closures between Smyth Road and Industrial Avenue. Construction will take place weekdays from 9 am to 3:30 pm and from 7 pm to 7 am, and on weekends from 6 pm to 10 am.
- Russell Road: Until Monday, September 17, Russell Road will be closed for construction between Anderson Road and Farmers Way.
- Anderson Road: Until Friday, September 27, Anderson Road will be closed for construction between Mitch Owens Road and Thunder Road.
- Highway 417 and Highway 174:
- From Tuesday, September 18 at 10 pm to Wednesday, September 19 at 6 am, Highway 174 westbound will be closed at Highway 417. Ramp from Highway 174 westbound to Highway 417 eastbound along with St-Laurent exit will remain open.
- Work initially scheduled to take place over the weekend, starting Friday, September 14 has been rescheduled to start on September 28, 2018. Lanes will be closed on Highway 174 westbound and Highway 417 westbound on Friday, September 28, starting at 9 pm ending at 6 am, Monday, October 1.
- From Thursday, September 13 to Friday, November 2, lanes will be closed on Highway 417 at the following times: Sundays from 9 pm to midnight, Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9 pm to 6 am, Thursdays and Fridays from 10 pm to 6 am and Saturdays from midnight to 10 am.
- CityFolk Festival: Until Sunday, September 16, expect increased congestion on Bank Street and around Lansdowne.
- Terry Fox Runs: On Sunday, September 16, expect traffic disruptions in Orléans and Greely due to the annual Terry Fox Runs.
- Orléans Ribfest: From Friday, September 14 at 11 am to Monday, September 17 at 6 am, Centrum Boulevard will be closed between Prestone Drive and Brisebois Crescent.
- Annual Tastes of Wellington West: On Saturday, September 15, between 10 am and 5 pm, the following roads will be closed:
- Wellington Street West between Garland Street and Island Park Drive.
- Somerset Street West between Garland Street and Breezehill Avenue.
- Holland Avenue between Spencer Avenue and Wellington Street West.
For more updates on construction and roadwork activity across the city, or for information about traffic and travel planning, visit the City’s Traffic Report or follow the City’s traffic account on Twitter.