Upcoming road work projects will have the following impacts on Ottawa traffic:
- Nicholas Street – The northbound bus lane and one southbound lane on Nicholas Street, between Highway 417 and Laurier Avenue, will be closed due to construction work this weekend beginning on Friday, August 18 at 8 p.m. until Sunday, August 20 at 10 p.m. Motorists on the northbound lane must yield to OC Transpo buses merging into the remaining lane. Some delays are expected.
- Navan Road – A Navan Road culvert, located 0.4 km west of Tenth Line Road, will be replaced on Saturday, August 19 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. As a result, this section of Navan Road will be reduced to single alternating traffic during the construction.
- Eagleson Road – A temporary closure of Eagleson Road, between Barnsdale Road and Ottawa Street, will be required to complete storm drainage improvements. The closure will be in place from Monday, August 21 until Friday, September 1. Signed detour routes will be in place.
- Marvelville Road – Marvelville Road, between Yorks Corner Road and Gregorire Road will be closed starting Tuesday, August 22 for the replacement of six culverts. Signed detour routes will be in place during this closure.
Motorists should also be aware that traffic may be impacted as a result of these special events:
- The Shriners Parade hits Ottawa streets this Saturday, August 19 beginning at 11 a.m. in front of Parliament Hill. The parade will continue south on Elgin Street to City Hall. For a full list of road closures visit the City’s Traffic Report on ottawa.ca, and for a full list of transit service detours visit octranspo.com
- The Alexandra Bridge will be closed from 8:30 p.m. until 10:15 p.m. for the Casino du Lac-Leamy Sound of Light Grand Finale this Saturday, August 19.
- The CP Canada 150 Train arrives at the VIA Rail Station for a family-friendly event this Sunday, August 20 from 3 to 6 p.m. There will be no parking on site, but parking and drop-off space can be found at the RCGT Stadium nearby, at 300 Coventry Road. From the stadium, event goers can use the Max Keeping pedestrian bridge to access the station. OC Transpo’s Travel Planner can help transit customers find the best route to the event. Traffic delays are expected and travellers from the VIA Rail station should allow extra time to get to the site.
- As part of NOKIA Sunday Bike Days, the Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway, Colonel By Drive and Sir George-Étienne Cartier Parkway will be closed to motorists this Sunday between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- India’s Independence Day Parade will take place on Sunday, August 20, and will require a closure of Wellington Street between Bank and Elgin and Elgin Street between Wellington and Laurier. For a full list of transit service detours, visit octranspo.com.
- Traffic in the Lansdowne area will be impacted during Monday, August 21’s afternoon commute when TD Place hosts the Guns N’ Roses 'Not In This Lifetime Tour' concert at 6:25 p.m. and the Ottawa 2017 free pre-concert party, YOWTTAWA, from 4 to 6 p.m. Participants are encouraged to use transit, cycle or walk to get to the concert as there will be extremely limited parking on site (if pre-purchased parking tickets are not sold out in advance). Tickets for the Guns N’ Roses concert can be used to ride free on OC Transpo three hours before and up to three hours after the event.
For more updates on the construction and road work activity across the city, or for information about traffic and travel planning, visit the City’s Traffic Report on ottawa.ca or follow the City’s traffic account on Twitter.