Upcoming road work projects will have the following impacts on Ottawa traffic:
- O-Train Trillium Line – OC Transpo’s O-Train Trillium Line service will be temporarily replaced by Route 107 bus service from 7:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. on two upcoming Sundays on October 15 and 22. These temporary closures will allow for site inspections in preparation for future service expansion. Route 107 buses will travel parallel to the Trillium Line routing between Bayview and South Keys stations every 15 minutes, with limited stops along the way to provide service in proximity to the Trillium Line stations. In addition to Route 107, there may be other bus route options that work better for some customers. For schedules and travel planning assistance, visit octranspo.com or call 613-741-4390.
- Bank Street – Bank Street will be closed between Conroy Road and Davidson Road for road reconstruction work for two consecutive weekends:
- Friday, October 20 at 7 p.m. to Monday, October 23 at 5 a.m.
- Friday, October 27 at 7 p.m. to Monday, October 30 at 5 a.m.
Signed detours will be in place to direct motorists and cyclists around the closure. Transit customers should visit octranspo.com or call 613-741-4390.
- Blair Road southbound – The on-ramp to Highway 174 westbound from Blair Road will be closed for road reconstruction beginning Monday, October 16 at 10 p.m. until Tuesday, October 17 at 5 a.m. A signed detour will be in place to direct motorists around the closure. OC Transpo bus routes will be detoured during closure. Visit octranspo.com or call 613-741-4390 for information on the detour.
- River Road – 0.15 km north of Osgoode Main Street will be closed from Monday, October 16 to Friday, October 27 for a culvert replacement. A detour will be set-up using Osgoode Main Street and Nixon Drive
- Minto Bridges East and Centre – Union Street will be closed between King Edward Avenue and Stanley Avenue for bridge rehabilitation from Monday, October 16 to Friday, November 3. A signed detour will be in place to direct motorists around the closure. The sidewalks will also be closed, however, pedestrians and cyclists will be re-routed to Union Street roadway. Access to the underground parking garage at the rear of the John G. Diefenbaker Building at 111 Sussex Drive on Green Island will be maintained at all times.
Signed detours will be in place to direct motorists around the closures. For more updates on construction and road work activity across the city, or for information about traffic and travel planning, visit the City’s Traffic Report on ottawa.ca or follow the City’s traffic account on Twitter.