Ottawa Public Health (OPH) is investigating one case of measles which may be related to international travel. This case is not connected to the measles cases in Ottawa from April, 2019. To date in 2019, there have been three confirmed measles cases in Ottawa. This investigation is ongoing, new locations, dates and times may be added, modified or removed as the investigation continues.
When OPH has contact information for potentially exposed individuals such as in schools or health care setting appointments, we contact them directly by phone or letter. OPH is currently following up with known contacts from this case who may have been exposed to the measles virus.
OPH uses public notification when it does not have the contact information of individuals who may have been exposed to the measles virus. OPH is asking individuals to check if they have visited the following locations on the dates and times below as they may have been exposed to the measles virus.
Turnbull School, 1132 Fisher Ave.
- May 13, 2019, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- May 14, 2019, 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- May 15, 2019, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- May 16, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Tomlinson Head Office, 100 Citigate Dr.
- May 13, 2019, 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- May 16, 2019, 7:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
Dovercourt Recreation Centre, 411 Dovercourt Ave.
- May 14, 2019, 7:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- May 16, 2019, 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m..
Prosol Inc., 1153 Newmarket St.
- May 14, 2019, 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Shoppers Drug Mart, 3151 Strandherd Dr. (Intersection of Woodroffe & Strandherd)
- May 18, 2019, 8:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- May 19, 2019, 8:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
Queensway Carleton Hospital Emergency Department, 3045 Baseline Rd.
- May 19, 2019, 1:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m
OPH is advising all individuals who may have been exposed to the measles virus in the above locations, times, and dates to do the following;
- Infants under one year of age, pregnant women who have not received two doses of measles containing vaccine, and people with weakened immune systems should contact their physician or call Ottawa Public Health at 613-580-6744 to discuss follow-up recommendations.
- All other individuals who have visited these sites should check their immunization records or contact their health care provider to ensure that they are immune to measles. For more information about measles and immunity please visit OttawaPublicHealth.ca/Measles. Individuals who believe that they are not immune to measles should contact their health care provider to discuss next steps.