The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Victoria Day, Monday, May 20.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. The City’s Provincial Offences Court, including the courts located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons with a hearing-related disability, call TTY: 613-580-2401.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection:
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection on Victoria Day. The pick-up will take place on Tuesday, May 21. In addition, the collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. Multi-residential garbage containers will be collected on the regular scheduled day. Multi-residential recycling container and green bin collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
- Free parking will be available at City Hall, 110 Laurier Avenue West on Monday, May 20. Free parking at City Hall is also available during the Elgin Street construction weekday evenings after 6 pm and all day on weekends.
- OC Transpo will operate on a Sunday schedule. Only routes that normally run on Sundays will be in service. On Victoria Day, a family or group may travel all day with a DayPass, which can be purchased for $10.50 on the bus or at a ticket machine at the following O-Train Line 2 stations: Carleton, Carling, Greenboro and Mooney's Bay. A family or group can include up to six people with a maximum of two who are ages 13 or older.
- The OC Transpo Customer Service Centre at the Rideau Centre will be open on Victoria Day from 10 am to 6 pm. Customer Service Centres at Lincoln Fields, Place d’Orléans and St-Laurent will be closed.
- The OC Transpo Customer Relations Office (613-842-3600) will be closed.
- The Transit Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 9 am to 5 pm.
- STO users can plan their trip using Plani-bus.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service. Regular scheduled trips are automatically cancelled. Customers may book trips for Victoria Day by calling 613-244-7272.
- Para Transpo operations:
- Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) will be closed.
- The reservations line (613-244-7272) will be open from 7 am to 5 pm.
- The trip cancellation and general inquiries line (613-244-4636) will be open from 6 am to 12:30 am.
- Some indoor pools and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, fitness schedules and public skating with modified schedules.
- Most Splash Pads will be open.
- Most registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled; however, clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
Ottawa Public Health:
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed.
- Site program:
- Site office at 179 Clarence Street, including supervised consumption services, will be open for regular hours from 9 am to 9 pm Monday, May 20, and the site mobile van will operate on a regular schedule from 5 to 11:30 p.m.
- The Dental Clinics and Parenting in Ottawa Drop-ins will be closed.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre will be closed; however, you can call and leave a message and inquiries will be responded to within regular business hours. You can also connect with us online for the latest health information on OttawaPublicHealth.ca.
- The Karsh-Masson Gallery, Barbara Ann Scott Gallery and the OAG Annex at City Hall will be open.
- City of Ottawa arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed from Saturday, May 18 to Monday, May 20.
Municipal child care services:
- All Municipal Child Care Centres will be closed.
- All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed, Monday, May 20.