There are changes to City services on Victoria Day, Monday, May 18.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside collection of green bins, recycling or garbage. Collection scheduled for Monday will be collected on Tuesday, May 19. Collection will be delayed by one day for the entire week.
- Garbage at multi-residential properties will be collected on the regularly scheduled day. Collection of recycling and green bins will be delayed by one day for the entire week.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be closed.
- All overtime parking, signed or unsigned, are not being enforced on residential streets. All other parking restrictions are in effect.
- OC Transpo bus service and O-Train Line 1 will operate on a Sunday schedule on Monday, May 18. Use OC Transpo’s Travel Planner to plan your trip.
- All OC Transpo customer service centres are closed. You can buy or load a Presto card at:
- You can load your ParaPay account on parapay.octranspo.com or by calling 613-741-4390.
- OC Transpo Customer Service (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 am to 9 pm.
- You can plan Société de transport de l'Outaouais (STO) trips using Plani-bus.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service. Regularly scheduled trips for Monday, May 18 are automatically cancelled. You can book trips for that day starting Monday, May 11 by calling 613-244-7272 or by using the new online booking system.
- Para Transpo operations:
- The reservations line (613-244-7272) will be open from 7 am to 5 pm.
- The trip cancellation and general inquiries line (613-244-4636) will be open from 6 am to midnight.
- The taxi coupons line (613-842-3670) will be closed.
Ottawa Public Health
- The Brewer Assessment Centre will be open from 9 am to 3 pm.
- The Moodie and Heron care clinics will be open from 9 am to 4 pm.
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed.
- The Site program office and supervised consumption services at 179 Clarence Street will be closed. The Site mobile van will operate from 5 pm to 11:30 pm.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre will be closed on Monday, May 18 for general calls. Ottawa Public Health’s COVID-19 phone line at 613-580-6744 will be open from 8:30 am to 8 pm.
- Dental clinics will be closed.
- Parenting in Ottawa Drop-ins will be closed.
- The baby help line will be open from 9 am to 3 pm for families of babies up to a year old.
- Phone support at 613-727-3687 for breastfeeding parents will be available.
- Consumer fireworks may only be discharged the day of, the day before or the day after Victoria Day, which is on Monday, May 18.The use of consumer fireworks must be directly supervised by someone 18 or older, and must take place on private property with the property owner’s permission. Minimum safety distances, as indicated on the fireworks product, must be maintained from spectators, buildings and vehicles. The display must not cause danger or nuisance to any person or property.
- Sale of consumer fireworks is prohibited in the City of Ottawa, except on Victoria Day and the seven business days immediately preceding it.
- It is prohibited to sell or use firecrackers in the Province of Ontario at all times. Please review Ottawa’s Fireworks By-law for further details.
- Ottawa Public Health encourages the public to continue not to gather with members outside of your household. Please continue to maintain a physical distance of at least 2-metres from others who are not in your household when you are in public, and consider wearing a material mask in settings where 2-meters distance cannot be maintained.