Last week the Government of Ontario issued at stay-at-home order for the entire province, which requires everyone to stay home unless leaving for an essential purpose, such as going to work, attending a medical appointment, buying groceries or exercising.
We have received many questions on what you can and cannot do during the order.
Visit What can I do during the stay-at-home order? for answers to specific questions such as:
- How will the City enforce the stay-at-home order
- Can I go outside to exercise?
- What should I do if I get to a skating rink or sledding hill and there are more than 25 people?
- Can I meet up with a group of up to five people to exercise or walk together?
- It’s cold outside – can I visit my close friends indoors, or in their garage?
- Can I provide care for a relative in need?
- What types of businesses can be open right now?
- My boss is making me come into work, even though I can do all my work from my home. Can the City intervene?
- What if I see a neighbour or business breaking the rules? How do I make a complaint?