Potholes and Road Maintenance
The City improves road conditions by:
- Patching potholes and repairing the road surface
- Patching potholes with hot asphalt in both summer and winter
To report any road deficiencies such as potholes, please visit ServiceOttawa.ca or call the City at 3-1-1.
To learn more about pothole repairs you can watch this video:
Ditches, culverts and catch basins
- Crews remove snow and ice from some ditches.
- Where required, culverts are thawed using a steamer
- Crews clear roadway catch basins of ice and snow to promote drainage to minimize potential flooding
To report an issue, please visit ServiceOttawa.ca or call the City at 3-1-1.
Gravel roads and shoulders
- Gravel roads are graded to create an even roadway surface
- After the frost has lifted, crews perform spring maintenance operations, which includes the continued grading of gravel roads and shoulders to re-establish an even road surface for smooth and safe driving after the winter months.
Road closure search tool
For citywide information on current road closures, construction and detours, use the roadwork and street closure search tool.
Reporting a street light outage
The City operates and maintains street lighting. To report a street light outage, please contact the City by calling 3-1-1 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide an address for the street light location.
Please note that street lights are different from traffic lights (red/yellow/green). To report a traffic light outage please contact 3-1-1.
Replacement of damaged mailboxes
Damage to rural mailboxes often occurs during winter, but a mailbox may be damaged by other types of road maintenance equipment. Find more information on Replacement of damaged mailboxes.