- On-farm diversified uses are subject to the following provisions:
- an on-farm diversified use is permitted if there is an agricultural use on the lot;
- the maximum area of an on-farm diversified use is 2% of the total lot area, to a maximum of 1 ha.
- the maximum area of an on-farm diversified use includes:
- the total area of all home-based businesses on the lot, and
- the area of buildings or structures built prior to April 30, 2014 that are associated with an on-farm diversified use, discounted by 50%, and
- the area of buildings, structures, outdoor storage, landscaped areas, berms, laneways, parking and the area occupied by well and septic systems that were built on or after April 30, 2014 that are associated with an on-farm diversified use, and
- despite subclauses (ii) and (iii), the area of agri-tourism uses associated with activities such as wagon rides or corn mazes on lands producing harvestable crops are not included in the area calculations, and
- if there is more than one on-farm diversified use on a lot the combined area of all on-farm diversified uses is included in the total;
- the total area of buildings used for on-farm diversified uses may not exceed 20% of the total area used for on-farm diversified uses on the lot;
- the maximum area of a building occupied by an on-farm diversified use, limited to a place of assembly is 150 square metres. (By-law 2019-41)
Web experience survey
Would you like to participate in a 2-3 minute web experience survey to help us improve our website?
If YES, a new window will open in the background so you can come back to it when you are finished on the website.
Thank you for considering to help out.