New in 2019, the Community Partnership Award will be awarded biennially to a residential infill development project that best exemplifies the positive outcome of collaboration efforts between homebuilders and the community. The winning project will be a built public or private residential project (it is acceptable to have a mixed-use component) of any scale that highlights the critical role of establishing a strong dialogue between all stakeholders and fostering exceptional cooperation, partnership, and/or engagement in achieving good urban form, design excellence, and context sensitivity.
Only constructed projects are eligible and must have been completed between September 1, 2017 and September 1, 2019.
- Award submissions will be accepted as of August 2, 2019. The submission deadline is September 13, 2019.
- Submissions are accepted in the following file formats: .pdf, .doc, .docx
- File size cannot exceed 20MB total.
- Must be a joint submission by both the community representative and the homebuilder.
- All attached material may be used for publicity purposes and the City of Ottawa will retain ownership.
- A one-page Summary Sheet – The Summary sheet should describe the project, list, the key players involved and the roles they played, and the collaborative process which was undertaken. Describe where the project is and in what ways it is successful.
- Two Unique Digital Presentation Panels – Digital panels must 280 mm x 432 mm (11"x 17") with a horizontal (landscape) orientation and graphic layout that demonstrates how the project achieves good urban form, design excellence, and context sensitivity. The Panels should also illustrate how collaboration between the community and the homebuilder influenced the end product. The project name and address can appear on the boards.
- Source Images and Photographs – Submit up to 10 source images and photographs used in the two Unique Digital Presentation Panels.
How to Apply?
Applications for the award must be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 13, 2019.
Due to email size limitations, only files under 12MB may be submitted directly via email. Applications exceeding 12MB (up to 20MB) will be accepted, but must be shared via a file sharing system (eg. FTP server, Dropbox, WeTransfer).
Judging and Jury Members
Submissions for the Community Partnership Award will be juried in late September 2019 by three Jury Members representing the City of Ottawa, the Federation of Citizens’ Associations of Ottawa, and the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association. The applicant of the winning project will be notified on September 27th, 2019 by email.
The Community Partnership Award will be presented to the winning team at the 2019 Ottawa Urban Design Awards gala, the evening of October 9, 2019.
It is the responsibility of the winning applicant to inform all team members of their winning project and to attend the awards event.