Under Step Three, Recreation and Cultural Services will restart at select locations – with a new level of restrictions and measures in place. Access to most activities will require a reservation in advance.
Indoor recreation facilities and programs
The following activities will reopen with capacity limits:
- Indoor public and lane swims at select pools on July 16.
- Indoor Aquafitness programs at select pools on July 16.
- Summer Learn-to-Swim programs, starting the week of July 26 with restrictions.
- Weight and cardio rooms at select facilities on July 16.
- Indoor sport activities at select facilities on July 16.
- Drop-in programs such as fitness classes, older adult fitness classes, and skating will start atselect facilities on July 16 with capacity limits.
- Reservations for drop-in activities can be made on ottawa.ca beginning July 14 at 6 pm.
- Summer Learn-to-Swim registrations started on July 12 and are ongoing.
The resumption of other recreation and cultural programming and activities – including its 2021 fall programming – will be announced in the coming weeks.
Select indoor and outdoor rental spaces will be available with capacity limits. Please contact the facility directly for rental information.
- Meeting spaces
- Sports fields
- Rental space for team sports
- Arena and slab bookings
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Cultural facilities and programs
Cultural facilities will gradually start to reopen over the next few weeks. While museums are open for outdoor activities, indoor self-guided tours with capacity limits will begin for the season over the next week. City-run galleries will begin to reopen on July 22, with restrictions and capacity limits in place.
More information will be announced in the coming weeks and months for all instructional programming and performing arts – including:
- Virtual courses from the Nepean Creative Centre, Nepean Visual Arts Centre and Shenkman Arts Centre.
- Live performances at Meridian Theatres @Centrepointe and Shenkman Arts Centre, with limited audience capacity. Details on shows, dates and COVID-related measures will be announced at a later date.