Capacity limits effective December 26, 2021: Ottawa's Chief Medical Officer of Health has implemented a capacity limit of 25 people at one time for outdoor recreational facilities, unless otherwise posted. This includes ice rinks, sledding hills, ski trails, snowshoeing and fat-biking.
The 25-person limit applies at points of potential congestion such as entrances, parking lots, changing areas, outdoor rental counters and trailheads.
Two-metre physical distancing rules apply. Indoor change rooms and clubhouses, excluding bathrooms, are to be closed to the public. Masking rules apply.
Please be considerate and limit your stay if others are waiting.
Visit the City News section or the COVID-19: Status of Recreation and Culture services webpage for up to date information on service resumption.
The Terry Fox Athletic Facility (at Mooney's Bay Park), located at 2960 Riverside Drive, has everything for cross-country skiers. You can enjoy 5 km of groomed and well-lit trails.
Ski centre features
- 5 km of groomed trails for both classic and skate (freestyle) skiing techniques
- Lit trails for night skiing
- Free parking
- Indoor change rooms and washrooms
- Ski tuck shop
- Free use of indoor wax benches and waxing irons (subject to availability)
- Free information on equipment, clothing, waxing, trails and related services
- Rentals by Lafleur de la Capital: 613-298-3775
The cross-country ski school in Mooney's Bay Park usually offers lessons daily with convenient day and evening options. Special group packages are available.
- Lessons for children, youth and adults from experienced and qualified instructors
- Classes for all abilities from beginner to advanced
- Classic or skate skiing lessons
- $3.75 per day
- Adult season pass: $40.50
- Child, youth, and senior season pass: $37.25
View Mooney’s Bay Cross Country Ski Conditions.
Lessons are usually one hour long.
- Customized one-on-one lesson: $89.25
- Semi-private lesson with a friend or family members: $69 per person
- Small group (5 people maximum): $156.75
To book your private lesson, submit a Private Instruction Request Form at Mooney's Bay Ski Centre or by email to TerryFoxAthletic@ottawa.ca. One of our instructors will contact you to discuss your goals and availability. For semi-private or small group lessons, all group members must pay at the same time to receive the discounted rate.