Opportunities for students and teachers
Young at Art
What is Young at Art
- Applications are now closed for 2019.
- 2020 Applications will be available online in October 2019.
Young at Art is a juried art exhibition bringing the work of young visual artists to local art galleries. Held annually since 1996, Young at Art recognizes the creative efforts of young artists across Ottawa. Accepted works are displayed in a community gallery and are eligible for a number of prizes and awards.
Each year, submitted artworks are reviewed by a jury of established and new artists from our community. The jury process delivers exciting, quality exhibitions based on common assessment criteria: elements of art, craftsmanship, composition, originality and uniqueness of style
Who is eligible to enter?
Visual artists between 12 to 20 years of age who live or go to school in Ottawa.
Young at Art 2019
Artists selected by the jury for Young at Art 2019 were displayed in three different community galleries in April. There was also a vernissage at each gallery with snacks and refreshments, as well as a final awards ceremony to recognize outstanding work.
Each year, the program is sponsored by the City of Ottawa and a variety of partner organizations who recognize our artists with awards and prizes.
How to apply
The deadline for 2019 applications is now closed. Application information for Young at Art 2020 will be posted in October 2019.
Interested in applying next year? Here is what you will need to provide in your application form:
- Region: if you are unsure, the geoTool can help you determine which region you live in
- Which artwork category you’re applying to
- The size of your artwork
- A JPG photo of your artwork
- An artist’s statement
- Arteast Ottawa
- Canadian Artists’ Representation Ontario
- Foyer Gallery
- Kanata Civic Art Gallery
- MIFO (mouvement d’implication francophone d’Orleans)
- Ottawa Art Gallery
- Ottawa Mixed Media Artists
- Ottawa School of Art
- Ottawa Watercolour Society
- SPAO (School of the Photographic Arts: Ottawa)
- Voix Visuelle
- The Young at Art Founders
Like or follow!
Contact usYoung at Art Coordinator
Community Arts and Social Engagement
172 Guiges Avenue, 3rd floor