Playground Life-cycle Renewal Project
Address: 24 Bateman Drive. Ward 9
In 2018, the existing play equipment in Bateman Park is scheduled to be replaced as a life-cycle renewal project. A public consultation was held on the evening of February 27th, 2017 to determine what sort of play elements the community would like to see included in the new play equipment selection. As a result of what we heard at the consultation, the Concept Plan, as shown in the link below, was prepared.
The play elements that had been requested and could be built into the design include:
- Spring toy(s)
- Under-platform cooperative / imaginative play
- Monkey bars - both static / straight design and spinner type
- Slide (for 1.5 to 5 yr olds)
- Slide - twist design (for 5 to 12 yr olds)
- Balance element - skateboard
- Climbing opportunities - as many variable types as possible.
If you have any comments or concerns regarding the proposed Concept Plan, please direct them to:
Parks & Facilities Planning Branch
Recreation, Cultural & Facility Services Department
City of Ottawa
613-580-2424 ext. 20047
Please note: the comment period will be closed on 16 October, 2017.