Mooney's Bay Ski Centre
Terry Fox Athletic Facility (at Mooney's Bay Park)
2960 Riverside Drive
Come to Mooney's Bay Park and enjoy 5 km of groomed and well-lit trails. Learn or improve your skills with our lesson packages for all levels in classic or skate skiing. Mooney's Bay Park has it all. Perfect for after work. Perfect for the entire family.
Registration for 2019 season
Browse registered courses at Terry Fox Athletic Facility (Mooney's Bay Ski Centre). Register online.
Rentals by 'Lafleur de la Capital' - 613-298-3775
Hours of operation
The facility will be open from January to early March (weather permitting) at the following times:
- Monday to Friday, 9 am to 9 pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 9 am to 5 pm
Schedules are subject to change.
- $3.25 per day
- $36 for the season
Fees are subject to change.
Ski centre features
- 5 km of groomed trails for both classic and skate (freestyle) skiing techniques
- Indoor change rooms and washrooms
- Lit trails for night skiing
- A ski tuck shop and hot chocolate for sale
- Free use of our indoor wax benches and waxing irons
- Free information on equipment, clothing, waxing, trails and related services
- Free parking
The City of Ottawa cross-country ski school in Mooney's Bay Park offers a great selection of lessons starting in January.
- Lessons for children, youth and adults from experienced and qualified instructors
- Classes for all abilities from beginner to advanced
- Classic or skate skiing lessons
- Offered seven days a week with convenient day and evening options
- Special group packages available
One-on-One Private Instruction - we will create a customized lesson just for you. 60 minute session: $78.25.
Semi-Private Private Instruction - a great opportunity to learn with a friend or family member! 60 minute session: $60.25 per person.
To book your private instruction session(s), you can either pick up a form in person at TFAF or fill out our Private Instruction Request Form and send by email to – firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received your Private Instruction Request Form, one of our instructors will contact you to discuss your goals and availability.
City Wide Sports
Our mission: Changing lives through the power of sport since 1985
City Wide Sports is dedicated to improving lives by offering inclusive sport and physical activity programs for everyone.
We can assist by:
- Offering Women only leagues and lessons as part of City Wide Sports. We advocate and encourage females of all skill levels to participate in sport and physical activity as a player, coach or official
- Offering an Active Living Club for participants 50+ years
- Providing information on financial support to participate in sport
View the Recreation Guide.
Athletics, sports and leisure groups
Cycling education programs
Become more comfortable and confident on multi-use pathways, cycle tracks and the road, learning assertive cycling skills, traffic analysis, general bicycle maintenance, route planning and more. The City's cycling programs are conducted by certified Instructors. Our programs are oriented toward recreational and utilitarian cycling.
Programs are offered from April through to October across the city.
Got a Bike Club? Sign your group up for a lesson.
See you on the road the pathways and the cycle tracks!
- City Wide Programs : 613-247-4883 or email@example.com
May is bike to work month - biketoworkottawa.ca
Cycling education courses for children
Bike RODEO – ages 6 to 10 – 2 hours (by community request)
Essential bicycle handling and traffic skills for young cyclists in a fun festival type atmosphere. Topics include helmet fitting, bicycle maintenance, handling, signalling, gears, braking, avoiding road hazards and more. Participants must know how to ride.
Learn to Ride Private Lessons – ages 6 and up
For children and youth who cannot ride a bike. Participants will learn to balance, start, stop and turn. Two 1-hour sessions are offered on a one to one basis. Participants must have a bicycle and helmet. Instructors will meet you at your local school parking lot.
Cycling education courses for adults
Adult Learn to Ride Private Lesson – Two x 1 hour
For adults who cannot ride a bike. Learn to balance, start, stop and turn. One session, on a one-to-one basis. You must have a bicycle and helmet.
Financial support – Ottawa Hand in Hand
If you are already a participant in a community or social service agency program, if you are an individual or family with a low-income or a family member with a disability, you may qualify for the Ottawa Hand in Hand recreation and culture fee support program.
Step 1: Print the application form at home, or pick one up at most staffed recreation facility or at a Client Service Centre.
Step 2: Complete the application form.
Step 3: Bring the completed application form to your local recreation or cultural facility. A supervisor will review the application for approval. Applications can only be approved at a recreation or cultural facility.
- Residents of all ages are eligible.
- Residents are encouraged to apply as early as possible before the program registration period.
- Each qualifying individual, or member of a family, is eligible for an annual amount of fee support ($175 per person).
- Applicants are encouraged to pay a minimum of 25 per cent of the program cost.
- A parent or guardian can transfer all, or a portion of their Ottawa Hand in Hand fee support entitlement to a child or children in their household.