Terry Fox Athletic Facility (at Mooney's Bay Park)
2960 Riverside Drive
Come to Mooney's Bay Park and enjoy 5 km of groomed and well-lit trails. Learn or improve your skills with our lesson packages for all levels in classic or skate skiing. Mooney's Bay Park has it all. Perfect for after work. Perfect for the entire family.
Registration for 2018 season
Browse registered courses at Terry Fox Athletic Facility (Mooney's Bay Ski Centre). Register online.
Rentals by 'Lafleur de la Capital' - 613-298-3775
Hours of operation
The facility will be open from January to early March (weather permitting) at the following times:
- Monday to Friday, 9 am to 9 pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 9 am to 5 pm
Schedules are subject to change.
- $3.25 per day
- $36 for the season
Fees are subject to change.
Ski centre features
- 5 km of groomed trails for both classic and skate (freestyle) skiing techniques
- Indoor change rooms and washrooms
- Lit trails for night skiing
- A ski tuck shop and hot chocolate for sale
- Free use of our indoor wax benches and waxing irons
- Free information on equipment, clothing, waxing, trails and related services
- Free parking
View Mooney’s Bay Cross Country Ski Conditions.
The City of Ottawa cross-country ski school in Mooney's Bay Park offers a great selection of lessons starting in January 2018.
- Lessons for children, youth and adults from experienced and qualified instructors
- Classes for all abilities from beginner to advanced
- Classic or skate skiing lessons
- Offered seven days a week with convenient day and evening options
- Special group packages available
One-on-One Private Instruction - we will create a customized workout just for you. 60 minute session: $78.25.
Semi-Private Private Instruction - a great opportunity to work out with a friend or family member! 60 minute session: $60.25 per person.
Small Group Private Instruction - designed for 3 to 4 participants. 60 minute session: $30.25 per person.
To book your private instruction session(s), you can either pick up in person or print off our Private Instruction Request Form and drop it off to the facility where you would like your personal training services. Once we have received your Personal Training Request Form, one of our trainers will contact you to discuss your goals and availability. For semi-private or small group personal training, all group members must pay at the same time to receive the discounted rate.