See the Ottawa Toursim video to see how Ottawa is the Cyclist’s City.
The City of Ottawa offers a number of options for parking your bike:
- Free parking at all city-owned parking lots and garages
- Red bike racks at various Transitway stations
- Bike racks at City of Ottawa client service centres, community and recreation centres
- Blue Velocity bike racks on the street (April to November)
- Ring-and-post racks at various locations throughout the city
Want to request a bike rack on a public street or at a park convenient for you? Contact the City of Ottawa at 3-1-1 or send your request to email@example.com.
Locking your bike
Always try to pick a spot in a busy, public place to lock your bike. Follow these tips to keep your bicycle safe:
- Buy the best lock you can afford
- Lock your bike to something solid
- Lock your frame and your wheels – use two locks (one U-lock and one cable lock) to secure more parts of your bike.
- Remove your quick release items or replace quick release fasteners with bolts for added security
- Disguise or personalize your bike with stickers, paint, etc.