Park your vehicle in the Pay and Display area, which is marked by a sign with a P and $.
Pay for on-street parking at the nearest Pay and Display machine with coins or a credit card (VISA, Mastercard or American Express).
How to use a Pay and Display machine
- Insert your payment:
- Deposit coins in the coin slot until the screen displays the amount of time you would like to park.
- Insert your credit card (stripe facing down and right) and remove it quickly. Press the blue button on the left to purchase time in 25¢ increments until the screen displays the amount of time you would like to park. Press the blue button on the right for the maximum time allowed.
- Press green button to obtain payment ticket. This is the confirmation of your transaction.
- Remove your receipt from the slot at the bottom right of the machine.
- Display your receipt on your dashboard with the expiration time facing up.
Please note: Pay and Display machines are solar powered and “sleep” to conserve power. When you are ready to pay for parking, push one of the buttons or insert payment. If the machine does not provide a ticket, purchase your ticket at the next closest machine.
Pay for parking by phone
PayByPhone parking lets you pay for and extend parking sessions at Pay and Display machines by making a phone call, using a mobile phone app or logging in online.
- Regular parking fees
- 25¢ service fee per transaction
- Optional 10¢ fee if you sign up to receive a text message alert when your parking session is about to expire
How to pay for parking by phone
Provide your phone number, credit card number and license plate number.
After parking, visit PayByPhone.com, open the app on your phone or call 613-691-1700.
Enter your parking location number (found on a sticker on the side of the closest Pay and Display parking machine that’s located on the same side of the street).
Select the amount of time you would like to park.
• Note: Parking time is not transferable to other locations.
- To extend your parking session, visit PayByPhone.com, open the app on your phone or call 613-691-1700.
By-law enforcement officers have access to a real-time list of vehicles and license plate numbers that have paid for parking by phone.
Pay on Foot
You can Pay on Foot at the following City parking lots:
- 141 Clarence Street
- 70 Clarence Street
- 110 Laurier Avenue West
Payment methods: Cash (25¢, $1, $2 coins and bills) and credit cards.
How to Pay on Foot
- When entering the parking garage, take a ticket from the entry terminal and keep it with you.
2. When you are ready to leave, visit a Pay on Foot machine before returning to your vehicle.
3. Insert your entry ticket into the indicated slot. The machine will display the parking cost.
4. Insert cash or a credit card to pay the displayed amount.
5.Take your exit ticket from the machine.
6. Drive to the exit and insert your exit ticket in the terminal to open the gate.
Note: You may also pay with a credit card at the exit terminal as you leave the garage