Pay and Display
Park your vehicle in the Pay and Display area, which is marked by a sign with a P and $.
Pay for on-street parking at the nearest Pay and Display machine with coins or a credit card (VISA, Mastercard or American Express).
How to use a Pay and Display machine
- Insert your payment.
- Deposit coins in the coin slot until the screen displays the amount of time you would like to park.
- Insert your credit card with the stripe facing down and right, and remove it quickly. Press the blue button on the left to purchase time in 25¢ increments until the screen displays the amount of time you would like to park. Press the blue button on the right for the maximum time allowed.
- Press the green button to print your receipt.
- Remove your receipt from the slot at the bottom right of the machine.
- Display your receipt on your dashboard with the expiration time facing up.
Please note: Pay and Display machines are solar powered and sleep to conserve power. To turn it on, push one of the buttons or insert payment. If the machine does not provide a receipt, use the next closest machine.
Pay for parking by phone
PayByPhone parking lets you pay for and extend parking sessions at Pay and Display machines by making a phone call, using a mobile phone app or logging in online.
- Regular parking fees
- 25¢ service fee per transaction
- Optional 10¢ fee if you sign up to receive a text message alert when your parking session is about to expire
How to pay for parking by phone
- Register for an account:
- Provide your phone number, credit card number and license plate number.
- After parking, visit PayByPhone.com, open the app on your phone or call 613-691-1700.
- Enter your parking location number, found on a sticker on the side of the closest Pay and Display parking machine on the side of the street that you parked.
- Select the amount of time you would like to park. Parking time is not transferable to other locations.
- To extend your parking session, visit PayByPhone.com, open the app on your phone or call 613-691-1700.
By-law enforcement officers have access to a real-time list of vehicles and license plate numbers that have paid for parking by phone.
Pay on Foot
You can Pay on Foot at the following City parking lots:
- 141 Clarence Street
- 70 Clarence Street
- 110 Laurier Avenue West
Payment methods: Cash (25¢, $1, $2 coins and bills) and credit cards.
How to Pay on Foot
- When entering the parking garage, take a ticket from the entry terminal and keep it with you.
- When you are ready to leave, visit a Pay on Foot machine before returning to your vehicle.
- Insert your ticket into the indicated slot. The machine will display the parking cost.
- Insert cash or a credit card to pay the displayed amount.
- Take your exit ticket from the machine.
- Drive to the exit and insert your exit ticket in the terminal to open the gate.
You can also pay with a credit card at the exit terminal as you leave the garage.