The City of Ottawa offers a variety of payment options for your water and sewer bill so you can find the method that is most convenient for you.
Pay your water and sewer bill on My ServiceOttawa.
Log in or register for MyServiceOttawa to:
- View account summary;
- View bill history and last payment information;
- Print water and sewer bills;
- Register for e-billing;
- Choose or change the official language that you wish to receive your water, wastewater and stormwater bill in;
- Pay your water and sewer bill online, or set up preauthorized debit; and,
- Change your mailing address.
To register for this service, you will need a copy of your most recent bill.
Pre-authorized debit (PAD) plan
Our pre-authorized debit (PAD) plan is a convenient way to pay your water and sewer bill. It offers you the convenience of not writing a cheque, spending time and money mailing payment, no worries about late payments or charges and no line-ups at your bank or Client Service Centres. The City of Ottawa will process the amount due on the bill on the due date. Your current bill must be paid in full before you can enrol in the plan.
- To enrol log in MyServiceOttawa or
- Print, email or mail the the Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Plan Form with a void cheque to the email or address listed on the form.
Update or Cancel Your Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Plan
- Update your banking information or cancel your preauthorized debit (PAD) plan by logging into MyServiceOttawa. Your account information will be updated in 9 days or by the effective date you selected.
- Banking information can be updated and the plan can be cancelled by completing the Request for Change(s) - Pre-authorized Tax/Water and Sewers Accounts, however, 30 days notice is required prior to your next withdrawal date.
Points to Remember:
If you move within the City of Ottawa, your pre-authorized debit (PAD) plan is NOT transferable. You must complete a new application form.
There is a fee for all payments not honoured by your financial institution. Customers on the PAD Plan with more than three dishonoured payments in a 12-month period will be removed from the plan. Any balance will become due and be subject to the interest rate of 1.25% per month.
Online by Payment Card
Residents can now pay water and sewer bills online with MasterCard, VISA, American Express (AMEX), Interac Online, Mastercard Debit and Visa Debit.
- You will need the 10-digit account that is found in the upper right-hand corner of your water and sewer bill.
- Refer to your most recent water and sewer bill for the amount owed, by registering for a My ServiceOttawa account, e-mail or call the Revenue Services at 613-580-2444.
- A service fee is applied by the service provider, Paymentus Corporation.
- A penalty for late payment of 1.25% per month is added the day following the due date and the first day of each month thereafter until the account is paid.
Go to the Paymentus website to make a water and sewer payment by payment card. Please verify that you are in the secure site by ensuring that the web address is is <https://ipn.paymentus.com/otp/stde/cott/watersewer with an icon of a padlock at the bottom right corner.
If you choose to make an online water payment with a credit card, Interac Online or Debit you may do so by following these instructions:
Online Payment Instructions
Step 1: Select “Pay Water and Sewer Bill Online” if you are paying through Ottawa.ca
Select “Pay online by payment card” if you are paying through My ServiceOttawa,
This will link you to the third party secure website, Paymentus Corporation, where you can complete your payment.
If you are not currently registered you can create a MyServiceOttawa account and then add a water and sewer service (will link to how to instructions)
Step 2: Enter your water and sewer account information.
You will need the 10-digit account number that is found in the upper right-hand corner of your water and sewer bill.
Enter your account number, and verify your service address. Select Continue.
Step 3: Enter your contact and payment information.
Enter your First name, Last name, Daytime phone number and a valid email address. You will be asked to retype your email address.
Select your method of payment; credit card, Interac Online or Debit.
When making a payment using a credit card or Visa Debit; enter your card type, card number, 3-digit security number on the back of your card, the card expiration date, cardholder name, and the payment amount. Select Continue.
When making a payment using Interac Online; enter your payment amount, and select Continue.
Step 4: Confirm your contact, account and payment information.
Credit card and Debit confirmation: Review your information and use the change button to edit your contact, account or payment information. The secure third-party provider, Paymentus Corporation, charges a service fee.
You must agree to the service fee, and agree to the terms and conditions of the payment prior to making the payment.
Interac Online confirmation: You will be taken to your financial institution's website where you will login to your bank account and complete your payment. You must agree to the terms and conditions of the payment prior to making the payment.
Step 5: Wait for your payment to be processed.
Please wait to receive your confirmation screen or your payment may not be processed in full.
Step 6: You will receive confirmation.
Your payment will be confirmed that it was successfully submitted by a reference number. You will also receive an e-mail for your records.
Note: You will only see this screen when you have completed your payment using a credit card or Debit.
When using Interac Online, your payment will be confirmed through your financial institution's website.
Selecting End Session at any time will return you to the City of Ottawa website.
Financial institutions - online, by telephone or in person
Most financial institutions offer Internet, telephone or in-person bill payments. To set up a payment, use the 10-digit account number shown on your bill. If this does not work, contact your bank’s help desk. Your financial institution may charge a fee for this service. Please allow at least 3 business days for the City to receive payment from your financial institution.
City of Ottawa Client Service Centre
Payments may be made at all City of Ottawa Client Service Centres (CSC). For locations and hours of operation, visit the Client Service Centres page. Hours of operation vary depending on the location and time of year.
If you are mailing your payment, please remember:
- Include your water bill stub
- Allow sufficient time for the payment to be sent
- Do not fold, staple, stamp or write on payment stub
- Make cheques or money orders payable to City of Ottawa
- Write your water account number on the front of cheques or money orders
- Mail payment to:
City of Ottawa - Water and Sewer
PO Box 4648 STN A