Ottawa residents can sign up for paperless billing for water and sewer. You can register multiple accounts using a single email address and password. This is a secure website where you can manage, view, print, and pay your bills online.
- Receive an email notifying you that your bill is ready for viewing with the amount, due date and link to My ServiceOttawa
- 24/7 access to view account balance and payment history
- Reduce paper - fewer envelopes, stamps and cheques
- Pay online by payment
- Switch back to paper anytime
It’s easy and free to register for paperless bills
- Sign in to your MyServiceOttawa account.
- If you don't have an account, create one.
- Once you are signed in, click on Water and Sewer billing under the Services Menu – you’ll need your water account number and balance on last City of Ottawa Water and Sewer bill.
- Click the “Change Billing Method” button, and then select Paperless. You will no longer receive a paper bill in the mail.
Sign up for paperless billing between May 15 and July 31, 2018, and you could win one of three iPads (Wi-Fi 32GB).
Changing your email for paperless bills.
It is your responsibility to update your email address through My ServiceOttawa. Your participation in the program will be cancelled if your email notification is returned as undeliverable. If you would like to change the email address that is currently on file with My ServiceOttawa, please use the following link to the instructions: Change email address
Electronic billing with epost for water and sewer bills
You can view and pay your water bill online through epost.
Create an account
Visit epost to create an account. You will be brought away from the City of Ottawa website and brought to the epost site. You will need to provide:
- Postal code
Visit epost and click the Log In button in the top right corner. You will be brought away from the City of Ottawa website and brought to the epost site.
Add the City of Ottawa water bill to your epost account
- Select “Add a New bill/Statement”
- Search for "City of Ottawa"
- Add “City of Ottawa – Water and Sewer”
- You will need your 10-digit account number as indicated on your water bill
Once you have added the water bill to your epost account
A request to validate your information is immediately sent from epost to the City of Ottawa. Confirmation from the City is quick, taking no more than one day to complete. Upon validation, your most current statements of account become viewable, printable and payable online.
For more detailed instructions and information on epost features, take the epost tour.