Account number and payment – starting March 2019
With the redesigned bill, you will also get a new 15-digit customer account number with 4 payment options:.
- Electronic payment: The City offers several ways to pay your bill electronically. Be sure to verify that your payee number for City of Ottawa Water matches your new customer account number. If it does not match, change it with your bank before you pay.
- Pre-authorized payment: Pre-authorized payment plans will be updated automatically.
- In-person payment: You can pay in person at Client Service Centres and banks. Bring your bill so payment can be applied to your new customer account number.
- Cheque payment: If paying by cheque, include the bill stub with payment or write the customer account number on the memo line of your cheque.
New bill design – starting March 2019
Your new water utility bill has been designed to be user-friendly, easier to read, and easier to understand. It is also issued in your preferred language, English or French. It includes:
- Current balance
- Payment due date
- A breakdown of current charges, rates and property information
- Graphs showing current consumption and usage history over the past two years
- A dedicated section for special announcements and customer messages.
New on-line features to manage your account and set alerts
Look for new on-line features to manage your account and set alerts will allow customers to:
- Sign up for automatic credit card payments
- View and compare usage online
- Sign up and receive usage alerts and warnings
- Notify the City of moves
- Sign up for paperless billing
- Receive bill notification emails
New water rate structure
In October 2016, the City of Ottawa approved a new rate structure for water, wastewater, stormwater and fire supply, making it easier for you to make more efficient and environmentally-friendly choices. These changes will come into effect in 2019. See how they may affect your bill.
Choose your language
You can select and change the preferred official language on your water utility bill.
Please go online to My Settings at My ServiceOttawa or call Revenue Services at 613-580-2444 (TTY 613-580-2401) to choose your preferred language.
If you already have a My ServiceOttawa account, your bill will be sent in the official language you have selected for your account. If you would like to receive your bill in the other official language, please go online to My ServiceOttawa or call Revenue Services.