Skip to main content

Embassy of the Czech Republic

251 Cooper St.   Map (link is external)

Exterior view of a brick, three-storey home typical of late Victorian vernacular architecture.

The construction of the building dates back to 1879, and is typical of late Victorian vernacular architecture in North America. In 1913 it was enlarged to twice the size. The Liberal Federation took it over in 1957 as their headquarters. The University Club bought the property in 1970. Starting 2000, this building became the Czech Embassy. In 2006, portions of the Embassy were carefully renovated. Guided tours on ground floor only.

Open Hours
    Saturday, June 3, 2017 - 10:00 to 16:00
    Sunday, June 4, 2017 - 10:00 to 16:00
Building Features
    Shuttle
    Public Washrooms
    Bike Parking
    Paid Parking
    Family Friendly
    OC Transpo Nearby
    Guided Tour Available