Due to the provincial stay-at-home orders, in-person counter services are temporarily suspended effective end of the business day on Friday, January 15th until further notice.
During this time, we will continue to deliver the following services remotely (online, by mail or over-the-phone). To learn more, please select a service:
- Accessible format or communication support requests
- Building Code Services (select services)
- Burn permits
- Business licensing services
- Claims submissions
- Commissioner of Oaths
- Committee of Adjustment
- Feedback and disability-related service inquiries
- Fire inspections
- Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT) packages
- Marriage licences
- Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) information requests
- Pet registrations
- Planning applications (not including Heritage applications)
- POA Court Services
- Roll books
- Snow plow license
- Yellow Bag Program
The following Ottawa Client Service Centres and Provincial Offence locations remain closed to the public.
- Ottawa City Hall (with the exception of ServiceOntario), 110 Laurier Ave
- Ben Franklin Place, 101 Centrepointe Drive
- Kanata Client Service Centre, 580 Terry Fox Drive
- Orleans Client Service Centre, 255 Centrum Boulevard
- Metcalfe Client Service Centre, 8243 Victoria Street
- West Carleton Client Service Centre, 5670 Carp Road
- North Gower Client Service Centre, 2155 Roger Stevens Drive
- Provincial Offences Act Office, 100 Constellation Drive
You can pay your property taxes online by credit and Visa debit or through your financial institution.
You can pay in person by dropping off a cheque at one of the secure payment drop-boxes located outside the main entrances of the following locations:
- Kanata Client Service Centre at 580 Terry Fox Drive
- Orleans Client Service Centre at 255 Centrum Boulevard
Ensure that the amount on the cheque reflects the exact amount owing, and indicates the 19-digit tax roll number as shown on your tax bill. Note that payments are processed on business days only.
You can pay your water bill online with My ServiceOttawa by payment card or through your financial institution.
You can access services through 3-1-1 online including:
- Register or renew a pet registration
- Apply or renew open air fire permit
- Pay a parking or traffic ticket
- Apply for a Food Premise Business License
- Load up and manage a Presto Card
If you are unable to access City services online, please call 3-1-1 so we can assist you.