City of Ottawa Client Service Centres
The following services will be provided in person. We strongly recommend you schedule an appointment with us but walk-ins will be accepted between 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Priority will be given to scheduled appointments. To learn more and book an appointment online, please select a service:
- Accessible format or communication support requests
- Accounts Receivable Invoice
- Building Code Services (select services)
- Burn permits
- Business licensing services
- Claims submissions to the City
- Civil Marriage Ceremonies (City Hall and Orléans only)
- Commemorative trees
- Commissioner of Oaths
- Committee of Adjustment
- Feedback and disability-related service inquiries
- Filing a reopening for an offence
- Fire inspections
- Ontario Land Tribunal (OLT) packages (direct appointment link at City Hall only)
- Marriage licences
- Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) information requests
- Pet registrations
- Planning applications
- Buying and loading a Presto Card
- Property Tax Payment
- Purchase of Recreation and Culture Gift Certificates
- Recreation and Culture Facility Rental Contract Payment
- Recreation and Culture Program / Camp Registration
- Roll books (City Hall only)
- Snow plow license
- Submitting a petition to Council
- Water and Sewer Payment
- Yellow Bag Program
The following Client Service Centres are open to provide in-person services between 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Laurier Client Service Centre, 110 Laurier Avenue West
- Nepean Client Service Centre, 101 Centrepointe Drive
- Kanata Client Service Centre, 580 Terry Fox Drive
- Orléans Client Service Centre, 255 Centrum Boulevard
The following Ottawa Client Service Centres are open one day a week between 8:30 am to 4 pm
- Metcalfe Client Service Centre, 8243 Victoria Street (open Tuesday)
- West Carleton Client Service Centre, 5670 Carp Road (open Wednesday)
- North Gower Client Service Centre, 2155 Roger Stevens Drive (open Thursday)
When calling the City of Ottawa, you may request the assistance of an interpreter. This service is available in more than 170 languages when you call one of the following numbers:
- Ottawa Public Health Information Line: 613-580-6744
- OC Transpo Customer Service: 613-560-5000
- Tax and Water Customer Service Line: 613-580-2444
- Social Services Intake Line: 3-1-1, select language, then 4
- Mayor’s Office: 613-580-2496
- City Councillor offices
When calling a City phone line, you may ask to be placed in a three-way call with an interpreter and a City staff member. The interpreter will allow you to discuss services in the language of your choice.
Merchandise and miscellaneous purchases
Welcome to the City of Ottawa's store. With just a few clicks, you can browse through our products available for purchase.
Once an order is placed, a Client Service Representative will contact you to confirm the availability of the product(s), applicable taxes and total cost, and will notify you when the order is ready. You will also be sent an appointment link.
- Regrettably, on-line orders will not be shipped.
- Pick-up at your preferred Client Service Centre by appointment only.
- Payment is made in-person, at the time of pick-up of your order. These items are subject to HST.
- All personal information you provide us is processed on a secure server
All sales are final. The City of Ottawa's store does not provide refunds or returns for products ordered. Returns are only accepted in those cases where a product is defective, or if the product received does not correspond to the product ordered. Should you have any inquires in regards to your purchase, please contact us.
If you have any questions or comments about this service, please contact the City of Ottawa by:
Telephone: 3-1-1 (Toll-free 1-866-261-9799/TTY 613-580-2401)
Mail: 110 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, ON K1P 1J1