Pre-construction surveys are currently underway as part of the Stage 2 O-Train Light Rail Transit (LRT) project.
TransitNEXT and East-West Connectors (the City of Ottawa’s Stage 2 contractors) have retained DST Consulting Engineers to conduct this free survey for property owners living in close proximity to all three Stage 2 O-Train extensions.
Pre-construction surveys are conducted to create a formal record of the condition of homes and buildings that can be referenced for claims purposes, should an issue arise during or after construction.
COVID-19 Update: In order to protect the health and safety of residents andstaff, DST will only be completing exterior surveys at this time. Once phsyical distancing requirements have been relaxed, DST will begin to schedule interior surveys. Residents must contact DST directly to make appointments.
The City of Ottawa is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and is in contact with the constructor about adhering to guidance provided by Ottawa Public Health and the Province of Ontario. Should the contractor implement further changes to this work, it will be communicated to the public.
The following enhanced precautions are taking place as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak:
- DST will deliver a notice at least 48 hours in advance of when they intend to perform an exterior survey.
- After 48 hours, the DST representative will knock on your door and step back to ensure a two-metre distance has been created.
- You will be asked for consent to proceed with the exterior survey of your property. If you decline, you will need to reschedule by calling DST’s Project Coordinator at 613-858-2287 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the event of a locked gate, you will be asked to provide access, while the DST representative maintains a safe distance.
- During the exterior survey, the DST representative will use a video camera to capture the existing exterior conditions of your building. Additionally, you may wish to complete your own survey of pre-construction conditions on your property. Your survey should include dated photographs and/or video.
- DST will contact residents in the future to schedule a similar, interior survive of their property, when it is safe to proceed with these surveys.
Please note, DST staff will not access private property without express permission from the homeowner. However, filming from public property (ie. sidewalks) may be undertaken.
In order to remain impartial and in compliance with the Privacy Act (PIPED), pre-construction survey records will remain in DST’s Ottawa office and will only be released if there is a claim filed in writing, and with the authorization of the property owner.
Comments or Questions
For more information on the pre-construction survey process or to reschedule your appointment, please contact DST at 613-858-2287 or via email at email@example.com.
For more information on Stage 2 LRT project, please contact the City of Ottawa’s Rail Construction Program by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.