- About this study [ PDF - 122 KB ]
- Need and Justification: Framework [ PDF - 481 KB ]
- Ottawa's Rapid Transit Network [ PDF - 4 MB ]
- Study Progress [ PDF - 393 KB ]
- Consultation [ PDF - 184 KB ]
Western Light Rail project update
Summary: Video presents an update of the design changes completed since the April 2013 release of the preferred western light-rail route.
Richmond Underground: Dominion to New Orchard
Summary: Information on the preferred corridor, including mitigation measures completed since the identification of Richmond Underground (R12) as the City's preferred route between Tunney's Pasture and Baseline Station. This includes design of Dominion Station, Cleary Station and New Orchard Station, access points to the Ottawa River, engineering changes in response to community concerns about safety and greenspace, current condition of the vegetation as well as vegetation plans for the corridor.
- The Richmond Underground Preferred Western LRT Corridor [ PDF - 9.4 MB ]
- Overview [ PDF - 328 KB ]
- Cross-Sections [ PDF - 259 KB ]
- Corridor Views [ PDF - 222 KB ]
- Corridor Views [ PDF - 195 KB ]
- Ventilation Option [ PDF - 227 KB ]
- Planting Legend [ PDF - 235 KB ]
- New Orchard Station [ PDF - 331 KB ]
- Overview: Cleary to New Orchard [ PDF - 212 KB ]
- Cleary Station [ PDF - 252 KB ]
- Views from 727 Richmond [ PDF - 254 KB ]
- Dominion Station [ PDF - 327 KB ]
Richmond Underground: Lincoln Fields to Baseline
Summary: Information on the preferred corridor between Lincoln Fields and Baseline stations, including the Pinecrest creek corridor, pathway connectivity and Iris Street and Station, taking into account transportation and natural environment concerns.
- Lincoln Fields – Baseline : Overview [ PDF - 992 KB ]
- Lincoln Fields – Baseline : West Transitway Connection, Queensway Station [ PDF - 9 MB ]
- Lincoln Fields – Baseline: Iris Station [ PDF - 8.6 MB ]
OC Transpo operation and integration
Summary: How the train system will be operated by OC Transpo and integrated with the bus system, including transfers, passenger drop-offs, frequency of service and passenger volumes.
Summary: Rationale and timeline for the Western Light Rail Transit Corridor study and details of corridors considered, including Carling Avenue, the Sir John A Macdonald Parkway, Holland and Rochester Field.
- Corridor Evaluation [ PDF - 683 KB ]
- C-1, 2, 3, R-1 [ PDF - 5.8 MB ]
- R-2, 3, 4, 5 [ PDF - 5.8 MB ]
- R-6, 7, 8, 9 [ PDF - 5.9 MB ]
- R-10, 11, O-1 Summary of Corridor Evaluation Results [ PDF - 4.6 MB ]
- Evaluation of Corridors Carried Forward [ PDF - 1.3 MB ]
- Proposed Evaluation Methodology for the Shortlist Corridor Alignments [ PDF - 141 KB ]
- Parkway (O-1) [ PDF - 1.3 MB ]
- Richmond via Churchill (R-1) [ PDF - 1.3 MB ]
- Richmond via Rochester (R-5) [ PDF - 1.3 MB ]
- CPR - Richmond (R-9) [ PDF - 1.3 MB ]
- Richmond Underground (R-12) [ PDF - 1.9 MB ]
- Richmond Underground North (R-13) [ PDF - 1.3 MB ]
- Richmond via Rochester Underground (R-14) [ PDF - 1.3 MB ]
- Shortlist Evaluation Results [ PDF - 335 KB ]
Costs, affordability and property values
Summary: The costs of the proposed service from Tunney's Pasture Station to Baseline Station, the City's overall financial strategy for transit and the anticipated effect of the LRT on property values.
Light rail and land development
Summary: The land-development implications of light rail on neighbourhoods along the western corridor and in the immediate areas around rail stations. How Community Design Plans and Transit-Oriented Development plans will guide development along the entire rail system.
- Richmond Alignment [ PDF - 4.1 MB ]
- Lincoln Fields to Baseline Station [ PDF - 4.4 MB ]
- Carling Alignment [ PDF - 8.6 MB ]