The City of Ottawa recognizes outstanding achievements in heritage conservation with the Ottawa Architectural Conservation Awards. You may apply for any project completed between September 2014 and September 2016. The deadline for applications is Friday, October 7, 2016.
Awards will be presented in the following six categories:
1. Restoration - Returning a heritage resource to its original form, material and integrity.
2. Adaptive Reuse - Adapting an old building for a new purpose while retaining its heritage character.
3. Infill - New construction in a historic context.
4. Addition - New additions to historic buildings.
5. Other - This category will change depending on the projects submitted in a given year. Projects may include engineering (i.e. bridge restoration) or landscaping (i.e. restoration of historic gardens or parks). Some projects may qualify in more than one category.
6. Community Heritage Award – new! Awarded to an individual or group who has had a positive impact on heritage conservation in Ottawa.
Award winners will be notified by January 2017 and awards will be presented on February 21, 2017.
What is considered a complete application for an award?
To be considered by the Awards Committee, you must follow these steps:
During the completion of this form you will be required to upload digital copies of all the documents listed in step 2.
Step 2. Mail to Anne Fitzpatrick four printed copies of your documents which include :
- The confirmation email that you will receive once you complete this electronic submission form.
- The nominator (you), the architect/principal designer of the project and the owner of the property must sign the consent section of the confirmation email.
- Colour photographs showing the building before and after completion of the work. Historic photos should also be included, if applicable
- Any additional information that you believe would help the Awards Committee judge your submission
- One digital copy of the award submission documents on a CD or memory stick
- Two letters of reference are required for Community Heritage Award submissions
Your documents must be received by 4 p.m. on Friday, October 7, 2016 for your submission to be considered. Please send your documents to:
Anne Fitzpatrick, Heritage Planner
City of Ottawa
Planning, Infrastructure and Economic Development
110 Laurier Avenue West
Mail Code 01-14
Ottawa, ON K1P 1J1
613-580-2424, ext. 15203
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org