For the following grants and contributions, the amounts listed in this section represent actual grants and contributions disbursed in 2016 by the Corporation of the City of Ottawa, under Section 107 of the Municipal Act. The recipients listed in this section are the organizations or aggregate groupings of private households / individuals who received the funds directly from the City of Ottawa, without the City receiving goods or services in return. The administration of grant and contribution programs funded wholly by the City is governed by the corporate Grants and Contributions Policy.
The information reported may differ from information reported elsewhere on ottawa.ca or to Committee and Council for the following reasons:
- Certain programs report allocations when they are approved.
- Final payments to recipients could differ.
- Certain programs combine municipal grants and contributions with other types of funding when reporting their activity.
- Certain recipients listed are sponsors who redistribute the funds to other organizations or private households / individuals.
- Payments made in 2016 may relate to a program that occurred in a prior year, and likewise, payments related to a 2016 program could occur in a future year.
- Negative amounts represent funds returned to the City in 2016.Recipient names appear as provided and may appear in English, French or in a Bilingual format.
Financial information does not include the following:
- Purchases of service, which are conditional payments for services delivered by non-governmental organizations for services that are part of a City program, or for which the City has some other form of direct responsibility.
- Federal and Provincial programs, where money flows through the City of Ottawa.
- Goods in kind, services, assets and subsidies provided by the City that are not associated with funding programs.