Allan Hubley is married to Wendy (Barber) and they have three children – Christine Leigh, James and Joshua. Allan was born in Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia. Allan first moved to Kanata in 1978 and has been very active in his community serving in a variety of capacities for all of Kanata South including:
- Administrator of the Sandra Ball Youth Awards which recognize the positive contributions youth make in the community;
- Founding member and Co-Chair of the Kanata Community Police Partnership;
- Chair of the Bill Connelly Charity, which provides small scholarships to Kanata students entering building and trades programs;
- President of the Glen Cairn Community Association;
- Founding member and Vice Chair of the City of Ottawa’s Accessibility Advisory Board;
- Member of the Mayor’s Community Forum;
- Contributor and volunteer to the Kanata Santa Claus Parade;
- Contributor to the Kanata Canada Day Celebrations;
- Member of the Kanata Sports Club;
- Member of the Ottawa West End Flood Committee; working with the city staff, consultants and community volunteers to find solutions to the flooding problems and to fix them once and for all;
- Allan also has been directly active in politics over the years as a volunteer for several politicians such as Gordon O’Connor and Norm Sterling.
In 2007, Allan Hubley was recognized for his extensive community service in Kanata South and was chosen the City of Ottawa’s Citizen of the Year.
In 2008, Allan was chosen by the Governor General to receive the Caring Canadian Award at Rideau Hall for his community and volunteer work.
Allan has worked in the federal public service for over twenty years in various senior advisor positions including Manager of US Relations; Manager of Intergovernmental Affairs and most recently in the Emergency Management and National Security Branch of Public Safety Canada.