Mental Health Information
Mental Health Resources and Referral Tool
- Kids Help Phone (1-800-668-6868) provides confidential 24/7 phone and Live Chat for children ages 20 and under.
- The Distress Centre answers calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with crisis line specialists providing confidential support. Callers can reach the Centre at 613-238-3311.
- The Mental Health Crisis Line answers calls for people ages 16 or older 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Callers can reach the line at 613-722-6914.
- Tel-Aide Outaouais offers French-language mental health telephone support from 8 a.m. to midnight every day. Ottawa residents can call 613-741-6433 and Gatineau residents can contact 819-775-3223.
- The Youth Services Bureau (YSB) provides youth and family counselling, crisis support and a 24/7 crisis line at 613-260-2360.
- Ottawa Public Health Information at 613-580-6744 (TTY 613-580-9656).
- 211 connects callers to community, social, government and health service information in Ottawa 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The service is free, confidential and multilingual.
The Mental Health Referral Tool provides a list of various Ottawa-based community agencies, crisis lines, and hospitals that can be accessed by youth dealing with mental health and addiction issues.
- Young Men's Emergency Shelter (aged 12 to 20)
- Young Women's Emergency Shelter (aged 12 to 20)
- Tewegan Transition House (aged 16 to 29)