Search the Ottawa Museums & Archives Collections online catalogue.
Select the City of Ottawa Archives collection to access a wide range of materials available online including maps, photographs, architectural drawings, and artifacts.
Corporate resource library
A limited number of our corporate reports holdings are described online.
Search the Corporate Resource Library.
To retrieve these items, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-580-2857. Please quote the box number, the classification code for the document (where available) and the title. These materials will be available in the Archives Reference Room at the Central Archives. Additional lead-time will be required if you wish to view these items at the Rideau Archives in North Gower.
The following guides are offered as tools to understand how we provide Reference Services and for researching the different records that are found in our collections. For further guidance, please contact Reference Services.
- Civic Records: Research Guide 201 [PDF - 143 KB]
- Community Records: Research Guide 202 [PDF - 148 KB]
- Corporate Resource Library: Research Guide 203 [PDF - 89 KB]
- Newspaper Collections: Research Guide 204 [PDF - 132 KB]
- Property Assessment and Tax Collector Records: Research Guide 205 [PDF - 157 KB]
- Microfilm & Microfiche: Research Guide 206 [PDF - 136 KB]
- Genealogy Collections: Research Guide 207 [PDF - 167 KB]
- Street, Parks and Facility Naming: Research Guide 209 [PDF - 146 KB]
- Photographic Collections: Research Guide 210 [PDF - 179 KB]
- Rideau Branch: Research Guide 211 [PDF - 143 KB]
- Tracing the History of your Ottawa Property: Research Guide 301 [PDF - 1.2 MB]
geoOttawa is an interactive map tool that allows you to view map layers, get information and answers about the locations in the City of Ottawa. Search by address, intersections, streets, facilities, or park names to find a location. Many different layers of information are available such as parks, schools, City facilities, property parcels, roads, zoning and aerial photos dating back to 1928. geoOttawa is your starting point for mapping available from the City of Ottawa.