Alcohol service (municipal significance)

Before you begin

If the event is open to the public and the applicant is not a registered charity or non-profit organization, a Letter of Municipal Significance is needed to obtain a Special Occasion Permit. The Event Central office can provide a letter to eligible events where there is a social, cultural, or economic benefit to the community or the City of Ottawa.


There is no cost for the designation letter.

What's next

An Event Central advisor will review the notification form and contact you for further details to confirm eligibility and next steps. Once approved, you will receive a confirmation email with a Letter of Municipal Significance attached, which you can upload to your alcohol licence application in the iAGCO portal.


Event Central Office
613-580-2424 extension 14613