Ottawa’s small and locally owned businesses are woven into the fabric of our city.
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought many changes to every facet of Ottawa residents’ lives. These have been challenging times for everyone.
Many local businesses are struggling financially as a result of the current restrictions due to COVID-19.
You can help them get through this difficult time by supporting local stores, restaurants and services. Be sure to observe all Ottawa Public Health guidelines and stay COVIDWise!
Get out and explore your neighbourhood or a new part of the city with family or friends. Ottawa Tourism provides a weekly update of fun and interesting happenings around our city. Please visit What’s Happening in the Ottawa Area to see what’s on.
Please scroll down to see a list of resources for you to use and share with your family, friends, neighbours and communities.
Let’s show our support for Ottawa’s small businesses. Buy local now!
City initiatives to support the local business community
Economic Partners Task Force
On March 16, Mayor Jim Watson struck an Economic Partners Task Force, co-chaired by Councillor El-Chantiry, with partners from key local business organizations:
- Mark Kaluski, Chair, Ottawa Coalition of Business Improvement Areas (BIAs)
- Sueling Ching, President and CEO, Ottawa Board of Trade
- Lise Sarazin, directrice générale, Regroupement des gens d’affaires (RGA)
- Michael Crockatt, President and CEO, Ottawa Tourism
- Carole Anne Piccinin, Executive Director, Ottawa Festival Network
- Michael Tremblay, President and CEO, Invest Ottawa
- Bruce Harvey, Film Commissioner, Ottawa Film Office
- Jamie Kwong, Executive Director, Ottawa Music Industry Coalition
The City of Ottawa, through this task force, will continue to identify emerging business issues and opportunities to support our local economy now and in the months ahead.
Buy local now please!
Ottawa’s small and locally owned businesses are woven into the fabric of our city, and many are struggling as a result of the pandemic and the current restrictions in place. We’ve assembled useful links and resources on this page to help you support local businesses today!
Shop Ottawa is an online directory of local businesses, products and services.
Local Eats Ottawa
Local Eats Ottawa offers a compiled list of Ottawa restaurants offering food delivery or pickup.
SavourOttawa.ca - your one-stop site on how to buy locally produced food and beverages in the Ottawa region.
Together-Apart.ca - This site is meant to be a resource for the residents of this city to find local spots to order from and support.
Community is at the heart of what we do and it's important now more than ever. It's time to ensure that our local food communities remain strong.
Order from Ottawa’s best independent, locally owned and operated food businesses! Easy Scheduled & On-Demand delivery provided by dedicated, carefully vetted and smart-serve trained drivers.
Shop Local Ontario is an online farmer's market. We aim to help vendors reach their customers directly and offer a way to do this online.
Local Business Improvement Area (BIA)
For up-to-date information on local businesses across the city, check out these Business Improvement Area (BIA) social accounts:
- List of businesses offering take out/delivery as well as online shopping
- ByWard Market Retail/Services: Online Shopping & Gift Cards
Carp Village BIA
- Downtown Rideau ONLINE Store to Support Local Businesses at a Safe Distance
- Downtown Rideau AT-A-GLANCE services available for take-out, delivery, online, gift cards and more
- Share Your Love Glebe Marketplace
- Restaurants dishing up great take-out in the Glebe
- Grocery stores, pharmacies remain open in the Glebe to serve your needs amid COVID-19
- How to support Manotick businesses through COVID-19
- COVID-19 toolkit for small and medium businesses
Westboro Village BIA
- How to Support Westboro Businesses Throughout