Councillors have organized several consultation sessions where residents can share comments on the 2024 draft budget and provide input on the City’s priorities and where to find potential savings. Visit Engage Ottawa for the most up-to-date list of sessions as dates and times are subject to change.
Reminder: You will have several opportunities in the coming weeks to inform the City’s draft budget for 2024. One of which, the Draft Budget 2024 survey, is open for one more day on Engage Ottawa, so have your say!
Important dates and information
- Ongoing: Residents provide feedback and questions related to Draft Budget 2024 through social media (using #OttBudget), 3-1-1, your local Councillor and feedback tools on Engage Ottawa.
- October and November: Councillor-led budget consultations take place to receive input from residents. Exact dates for consultations will be communicated by Councillors and posted on Engage Ottawa.
- Wednesday, November 8: Draft Budget 2024 is tabled at Ottawa City Council. In addition to this Council meeting, the Ottawa Police Services Board, Ottawa Board of Health and Ottawa Public Library Board hold their own meetings to table their respective budgets. The Draft Budget books will be available on ottawa.ca/budget.
- November to December: Residents can submit questions to City staff through Engage Ottawa, or by attending a standing committee meeting to make a brief presentation.
- Wednesday, December 6: Draft Budget 2024 is considered for adoption at Ottawa City Council.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca, call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401) or 613-580-2400 to contact the City using Canada Video Relay Service. You can also connect with us through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.