One of Santa’s elves must have slipped up because we just got a copy of when and where he is scheduled to appear at all of Ottawa’s local parades. So, if you want to see Santa and his reindeer this year, bundle up and have your parents stake out a good spot where you’re sure to get a good look at him. Whether your family is attending or not, have your parents watch out for road closures and traffic interruptions along the parade routes:
- Help Santa Toy Parade, Saturday, November 18, 11 am
- Barrhaven Santa Claus Parade, Sunday, November 19, 5:30 pm
- Kanata Santa Claus Parade, Saturday, November 25, 10 am
- Riverside South Community Association Toy Mountain Parade, Saturday, November 25, 11 am
- Orléans Santa’s Parade of Lights, Saturday, November 25, 6 pm
- Osgoode Village Parade of Lights, Friday, December 1, 7 pm
- Manotick Kiwanis Santa Claus Parade, Friday, December 1, 7 pm
- Constance and Buckham’s Bay Santa Claus Parade, Saturday, December 2, 4:45 pm
- Richmond Christmas Parade, Saturday, December 2, 5 pm
- Stittsville Parade of Lights, Saturday, December 2, 6 pm
- Huntley Community Association Santa Claus Parade, Saturday, December 9, 6 pm
- Fitzroy Harbour Christmas Parade, Saturday, December 9, 6:30 pm
- Metcalfe Santa Claus Parade, Sunday, December 10, 2 pm
Please note: this list is updated on an ongoing basis. Be sure to check back regularly to see where Santa will be stopping next!
We also have a list of other holiday activities that are sure to put you in the festive spirit, even if you might not see Santa:
- Ottawa Christmas Market, Aberdeen Square at Lansdowne, November 24 to December 23
- Magic of Lights, Wesley Clover Park Campground, 411 Corkstown Road, November 17 to January 6
- Winter Lights across Canada, Parliament Hill, December 7 to January 7
- Billings Estate National Historic Site – Home for the Holidays, Wednesday to Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm, December 2 to 23, 2023. Regular admission fees apply.
- Cumberland Heritage Village Museum – Vintage Village of Lights, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from November 24 through December 17, 2023, 4 to 9 pm. Cost: $25 per group (1 – 6 people per group). Advance registration is required.
- Nepean Museum – Retro Christmas! Saturday, December 2 from 10 am to 3 pm. $19.64 per family (two adults and accompanying children under 18); $12.25 per pair; $7.40 single admission. This is a drop-in program; advance registration is not required. The activities are best suited for families with children ages 6 to 12. Younger children are welcome to participate with the assistance of an adult or older sibling.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca, call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401) or 613-580-2400 to contact the City using Canada Video Relay Service. You can also connect with us through Facebook, X (formerly Twitter) and Instagram.