Activities and demonstrations:
Activities and demonstrations have been adapted to meet public health guidelines.
Wednesday – Self-guided museum tour; guided grounds tour.
Thursday – Self-guided museum tour; guided grounds tour.
Friday – Self-guided museum tour; guided grounds tour.
Saturday - Self-guided museum tour; guided grounds tour; farm chores activity kit.
Sunday- Self-guided museum tour; guided grounds tour; farm chores activity kit.
*Schedule is available at the museum and is subject to change.
Historic Cemetery Tours
Select evenings in September, October, and November.
Cost: $15.25 per person (taxes included).
Experience a unique historical tour of the Settler’s Cemetery and the Billings Estate grounds at dusk. Hear true tales of death, burial, and disease from Bytown and Gloucester Township from a knowledgeable interpreter. This 1-hour guided exploration will take you beyond the walls of a typical visit to the museum and offer a glimpse of life and loss in 19th century Ottawa.
Registration is required and can be completed using the barcodes listed below.
- Recommended for ages 16+. The tour discusses difficult subject matter (e.g. disease, violence, death, etc.) and visitor discretion is advised.
- The tour is offered in English. French language tours can be arranged on request (with a minimum of 10 registered participants). Contact the museum for more information: 613-580-2088.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your tour’s scheduled start time.
- Tours will take place rain or shine. Dress for weather conditions, wear comfortable shoes, and bring bug spray. The route will include uneven and grassy terrain as well as gravel pathways. If you have questions regarding accessibility, contact 613-580-2088.
- Plan for a COVID-wise visit. Tour group sizes have been reduced to allow for physical distancing. Maintain two meters of distance from those who are not a part of your household or social circle. Practice hand hygiene and bring a mask for use indoors or times when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
Saturday, September 26 at 7 pm (1582295) *Sold out.
Saturday, October 3 at 7 pm (1582296) *Sold out.
Saturday, October 10 at 6:30 pm (1582297) *Sold out.
Sunday, October 18 at 6 pm (1582298) *Sold out.
Saturday, October 24 at 6 pm (1582299) *Sold out.
Saturday, October 31 at 5:30 pm (1582300) *Sold out.
Sunday, November 1 at 5:30 pm (1582301)
Saturday, November 7 at 5:30 pm (1582302)
“A Practice of Deceit”: Escape room theatre with Live History
Saturday, October 17, 2020
Afternoon from 1 pm to 3 pm (Family hours for ages 7+)
Evening from 6 pm to 10 pm (Adults only for ages 18+)
Cost: $22.75 per person (ages 16+); $6.75 for children (7+) accompanied by an adult.
Registration is required.
As the sun sets at Billings Estate, the voices of the past will speak once more…Step back in time to 1900 as you sort through webs of secrets, scandals, and hearsay to help bring a mysterious affair to a close. Will you be in time? Inspired by true events, Live History returns to the museum with this exclusive escape room theatre experience for one day only!
“A Practice of Deceit” will take place outdoors and has been adapted to meet public health guidelines including physical distancing (review our tips for a COVID-wise visit below). Plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled start time. As this program takes place on the museum grounds, it may include grassy or uneven terrain. Please dress for weather conditions, including appropriate footwear. If you have questions about accessibility, please contact the museum at 613-580-2088 ext. 35250.
How to register:
Please register using the City of Ottawa’s online system and the barcodes below. For assistance with registration, please call the museum at 613-580-2088 ext. 35250.
Notice regarding registration: Tickets are non-transferable. ID may be requested to confirm the identity of the primary account holder who completed the registration at check in. If you can no longer attend, please contact the museum at 613-580-2088 ext. 35250 for assistance.
1 pm to 2 pm – child (1584093)
1 pm to 2 pm – adult (1584063)
1:30 pm to 2:30 pm – child (1584094)
1:30 pm to 2:30 pm – adult (1584064)
2 pm to 3 pm – child (1584095)
2 pm to 3 pm – adult (1584065)
2:30 pm to 3:30 pm – child (1584096)
2:30 pm to 3:30 pm – adult (1584066)
3 pm to 4 pm – child (1584097)
3 pm to 4 pm – adult (1584067)
Evening hours (ages 18+)
6 pm to 7 pm (1584068)
6:30 pm to 7:30 pm (1584069)
7 pm to 8 pm (1584070)
7:30 pm to 8:30 pm (1584071)
8 pm to 9 pm (1584072)
8:30 pm to 9:30 pm (1584073)
9 pm to 10 pm (1584074)
9:30 pm to 10:30 pm (1584075)
10 pm to 11 pm (1584076)
Plan a COVID-wise visit:
- Plan to participate in this program with members of your household or social circle only.
- Contract tracing information will be collected and visitors will be asked screening questions upon arrival.
- Bring a mask for use when physical distancing cannot be maintained or when accessing indoor facilities (e.g. washrooms, etc.).
- Maintain two meters distance from others outside your household or social circle.
- Practice hand hygiene. Hand sanitizer will be available but bringing your own is recommended.
- If you or a member of your group is not feeling well, cancel your registration by calling 613-580-2088 ext. 35250 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.