Historic Cemetery Tours
Fridays and Saturdays from October 15 to November 13, and Sunday, October 31.
Registration is required and can be completed using the barcodes listed below.
Experience a unique historical tour of the Settler’s Cemetery and the Billings Estate grounds at dusk. Hear true tales of death, burial, and disease from Bytown and Gloucester Township from a knowledgeable interpreter. This 1-hour guided exploration will take you beyond the walls of a typical visit to the museum and offer a glimpse of life and loss in 19th century Ottawa.
- Recommended for ages 16+. The tour discusses difficult subject matter (e.g. disease, violence, death, etc.) and visitor discretion is advised.
- The tour is offered in English. French language tours can be arranged on request (with a minimum of 10 registered participants). Contact the museum for more information: 613-580-2088.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your tour’s scheduled start time.
- Tours will take place rain or shine. Dress for weather conditions, wear comfortable shoes, and bring bug spray. The route will include uneven and grassy terrain as well as gravel pathways. If you have questions regarding accessibility, contact 613-580-2088.
- Plan for a COVID-wise visit. Tour group sizes have been reduced to allow for physical distancing. Maintain two meters of distance from those who are not a part of your household or social circle. Practice hand hygiene and bring a mask for use indoors or times when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
Friday, October 15 - 1603594
Saturday, October 16 - 1603595
Friday, October 22 - 1603596
Saturday, October 23 - 1603597
Friday, October 29 - 1603598
Saturday, October 30 - 1603599
Sunday, October 31 - 1603600
Friday, November 5 - 1603602
Saturday, November 6 - 1603601
Friday, November 12 - 1603604
Saturday, November 13 - 1603603
Cost: $15.25 (includes tax)
Monster Mystery at the Museum
Saturday, October 30 and Sunday, October 31 from 10 am to 4 pm.
Advance registration with timed entry required.
Cost: $30 per household (maximum of 10 people per household). *Library passes are not accepted for admission to this program.
A monster family’s Halloween celebration has gone wrong – someone has been up to no good and the candy is missing! Have no fear, our Museum Detectives are on the case and you can join the team. Help them solve the mystery as you explore the museum grounds and complete engaging puzzles and activities along the way in this semi-guided adventure for you and your little ones. Costumes are encouraged! Coffee and hot chocolate will be available for purchase.
This program will take place outdoors and has been adapted to meet public health guidelines.
This program will be delivered in English only.
- This program is best suited for children 10 and under, but older siblings and family members are welcome to join in the fun! Each household group must include at least one adult participant.
- This program will take place outdoors and will run rain or shine. Please dress for weather conditions including appropriate footwear for grass, gravel, and uneven terrain.
- Because this program takes place on the museum grounds, it may not be accessible to all. If you have questions about accessibility, please contact the museum at 613-580-2008 ext.35250.
- All treats will be packaged and quarantined prior to the program.
- Proof of vaccination is not required for participation in this outdoors-only program. Please plan for a COVID-wise visit. Please bring a mask for use if temporarily accessing indoor facilities (washrooms, etc.) and when physical distancing cannot be maintained. Maintain two meters distance from other who are not a part of your household group (including staff) and practice hand hygiene. Hand sanitizer will be available, but it is recommended that you bring your own.
- Information to facilitate contact tracing will be collected as part of registration and visitors will be asked screening questions on arrival. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your registered start time.
- If you or a member of your household is not feeling well, please call 613-580-2088 ext. 35250 for assistance with cancelling your registration.
How to register:
Please register using the City of Ottawa’s online system.
- If you do not already have an account, create one before registering.
- To find the event, from the welcome page, click Activity Search from the menu at the top of the page.
- Under Advanced Search in the left-hand menu type “Monster Mystery” into the Containing Keyword field.
- Click Show Courses to browse the scheduled time slots. View Details and then click Add to proceed to registration for your desired start time.
- Only one registration ($30) is required per household group (max 10 people). Please complete the registration under the name of an adult who will be accompanying the group on the day of the program.
- If you require assistance with registration, please contact the museum at 613-580-2088 ext. 35250.
Notice regarding registration: Tickets are non-transferable. ID may be requested to confirm the identity of the primary account holder who completed the registration at check in. If you can no longer attend, please contact the museum at 613-580-2088 ext. 35250 for assistance.