May 27 to June 14, 2019
The City has continued to review potential roadway modifications for Centrepointe Drive after receiving mixed feedback on two previously proposed alternatives presented through the study’s consultation activities.
New recommendations to address identified traffic concerns have been developed and we are seeking your feedback.
We would encourage interested members of the public to fill out the online survey that will be available from May 27, 2019 until June 14, 2019.
The following is a summary of the recommended alternative plan:
- Bicycle lanes with buffer areas from the intersection of Baseline Road and the western leg of Centrepointe Drive to the west pathway crossing (sections 1-5 on the plan)
- Bicycle lanes with buffer areas from the intersection of Baseline Road and the eastern leg of Centrepointe Drive to a point 50m south of Tallwood Drive. This roadway modification includes the reduction of the number of lanes on this section of Centrepointe Drive from 4 through lanes to 2 through lanes (plus auxiliary turning lanes) from a point south of Gemini Way to Tallwood Drive (sections 7-11 on the plan)
- Edge line markings along Centrepointe Drive between the west pathway crossing and a point 50m south of Tallwood Drive (i.e. on the southern portion of Centrepointe Drive, sections 5-6 on the plan)
- A bulb-out that includes a space for cyclists to ride over it on the eastern leg of Centrepointe Drive, in the southbound direction, just south of Baseline Road (section 11 on the plan)
- Two bulb-outs before and after the parking spaces on the west side of Centrepointe Drive north of Hemingwood Way (section 10 on the plan)
- Recessed crosswalk with traffic islands on the western leg of Centrepointe Drive at Hemmingwood Way (section 2 on the plan)
- A truck apron on the northeast corner of the intersection of Centrepointe Drive and Tallwood Drive (section 7 on the plan)
If you would like to have a hard copy of the survey, or if you would like to know more, please contact:
Project Manager, Area Traffic Management
110 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, ON K1P 1J1
613-580-2424, ext. 19285