Employment Ontario Overview
Are you unemployed or underemployed? We can help!
Employment Ontario can help you get the training, skills and experience you need to achieve your goals. We connect people looking for work with employers looking for workers and have locations across the province to help with job search and employment and training opportunities. All services are free!
Visit one of our two Employment Ontario locations:
370 Catherine Street, 1st floor (near Bay Street)
2339 Ogilvie Road, 1st floor (Beacon Hill Shopping Centre)
613-580-2424 x 14372
Open 8 am to 4:30 pm
Get help from an employment specialist
Make a free appointment to speak with an employment specialist to help you develop career goals, learn about training programs, prepare for interviews, or start a job.
613-580-2424 ext. 14372
- Acing the Interview
- Apprenticeship and You
- Building a Better Resume
- Career Cruising
- Contact North
- Explore your Training Options
- Getting Ready for Job Search
- How to Apply for City of Ottawa jobs
- How to Make the Most of a Virtual Job Fair and Interview
- Microsoft Excel (Introduction)
- Microsoft Excel 2 (Intermediate)
- Microsoft Word
- Success in the Workplace
Services for employers
If you have hiring needs, our City of Ottawa Employment Ontario team can help!
Need someone who fits with your business and is ready to work? We’ll find them for you. Employment Ontario offers a simple, cost-free way to hire job-ready, qualified candidates to fill your vacancies.
We will help you recruit motivated people who are actively looking and ready to start work. We can also create, promote and coordinate hiring events or share information about events you may be hosting.
Our services include:
- Job postings
- Job fairs
- Recruitment (screening applicants and hosting interviews)
- Financial incentives
- Information about apprenticeships
- And more...
Post a job for free
Find the people and talent you need to help your business thrive.
- Send us your job description at EOemployers@ottawa.ca
- A member of our team will get back to you within two business days
- We’ll advertise your job vacancy throughout our network which includes thousands of job seekers
- If you don’t have a job description, call 613-580-2424 ext.14372 or email EOemployers@ottawa.ca to talk to one of our job developers
Job fairs and recruitment
- Our professional job developers can help you coordinate a job fair, information session and/or host job interviews
- Choose one of our Employment and Social Service Centres to host your event. We have four locations across the city
- We can also help advertise your event to ensure it’s a success!
Hiring and training incentives for employers
Take advantage of funding, programs and federal tax incentives to hire and train employees for your business, not-for-profit or public-sector organization.
- Get financial incentives from the City to hire eligible candidates
- Use the incentives to offset the cost of training and supervision
Grants to help train employees
Learn about the Canada-Ontario Job Grant. Find funding to help your business pay for training of current or onboarding of employees. Financial support is available for short, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees. Employers can get up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
For more information, visit the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development or call us at 613-580-2424 ext. 14372.
Employment and people with disabilities
There are programs and services available to help persons with a disability find a job.
If you are in receipt of the Ontario Disability Support Program, ask your ODSP case worker to refer you to the City’s Employment Ontario program. An employment specialist will work with you to help you figure out what supports you need to help you get and keep a job.