- Causes of sewer backups and flooding
- Responsibility for sewer laterals
- Tips to prevent basement flooding
- What to do if your basement has flooded
- Contacting your insurance company
- City response to basement flooding
- Preventative Maintenance Program
- Responsibility for the repair costs
- Making a claim
- Residential Protective Plumbing Program
- Protective plumbing: Frequently asked questions
- Residential grants for sewer backups
Water and Wastewater Networks - Interactive Map
Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Systems map. Information includes the locations of watermains, hydrants, valves, manholes, pipes, inlets/outlets, associated facilities and related details.
Key information available for pipes within the wastewater collection system includes, length (m), diameter (mm), materials, upstream and downstream inverts, similarly, key information for the water distribution system includes diameter and material which can be viewed in a popup window by clicking on individual pipes in the map view.
The Water and Wastewater infrastructure depicted in this interactive map is derived from existing and collected engineering drawings for the City of Ottawa's Geographic Information System and is protected by copyright. The locations of this infrastructure information is approximate, and should not be used for construction purposes.