Before you begin
A special event permit is required for all special events on the City’s right of way.
Examples of special event:
- special event parade
- sports event
- donation station
- street dance
- sidewalk sale
- other similar events
- Event will be held on City’s right of way
- Application must be submitted 28 days before event
- Review conditions for festivals, carnivals and other similar events
- Review conditions for parades and sports events
- Review conditions for sidewalk sales
What you need
Certificate of insurance ($2 million) in the name of the applicant and naming the City of Ottawa as an additional insured
There is no cost for this permit.
Note: There may be costs associated with traffic control measures or police paid duty resources depending on the location and complexity of the event.
The Traffic Management Office will contact you by email about permit requirements and send you an indemnification waiver for signature.
Review the guidelines for route marshals and share instructions with volunteers.