The interactive map below shows all City parking lots and paid on-street parking spaces.
Pay and display machines
Pay and Display
Park your vehicle in the Pay and Display area, which is marked by a sign with a P and $.
Pay for on-street parking at the nearest Pay and Display machine with coins or a credit card (VISA, Mastercard or American Express).
How to use the Pay and Display Machine
- Make payment using one of the the following methods:
- Insert coins into the slot until the display shows the desired parking time.
- Insert your credit card with the magnetic stripe down and to the right and quickly remove it. Press the blue button on the left to purchase time in 25¢ increments, until the screen displays the desired parking time. Press the blue button on the right to purchase the maximum parking time.
- Press the green button to print your receipt.
- Take the receipt from the bottom right slot of the dispenser.
- Place the receipt on the dashboard of your vehicle with the expiration time in plain view.
Note: Because Pay and Display machines are solar powered, they go into standby mode to conserve energy. When you are ready to pay for parking, press one of the buttons or make a payment. If the machine does not dispense tickets, you must pay for parking using the nearest Pay and Display machine.
Pay by Phone
Pay for parking by phone
PayByPhone parking lets you pay for and extend parking sessions at Pay and Display machines by making a phone call, using a mobile phone app or logging in online.
- Regular parking fees
- 25¢ service fee per transaction
- Optional 10¢ fee if you sign up to receive a text message alert when your parking session is about to expire
How to pay for parking by phone
- Register for an account:
- Visit PayByPhone.com(link is external)(link is external).
- Download the iPhone(link is external)(link is external) or Android(link is external)(link is external) app.
- Call 613-691-1700.
- Provide your phone number, credit card number and license plate number.
- After parking, visit PayByPhone.com(link is external)(link is external), open the app on your phone or call 613-691-1700.
- Enter your parking location number, found on a sticker on the side of the closest Pay and Display parking machine on the side of the street that you parked.
- Select the amount of time you would like to park. Parking time is not transferable to other locations.
- To extend your parking session, visit PayByPhone.com(link is external)(link is external), open the app on your phone or call 613-691-1700.
By-law enforcement officers have access to a real-time list of vehicles and license plate numbers that have paid for parking by phone.
On-street parking restrictions
EXTRACT FROM GENERAL REGULATIONS OF BY-LAW 2017-301
Parking Prohibited - Whether Signs Have Been Erected or Not
- In excess of three (3) hours, Monday to Friday, between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm
- In excess of six (6) hours on weekends and statutory holidays, between 7:00 am and 7 pm
- within 300 metres of previous parking space within one (1) hour
- within 9 metres of an intersection
- within 3 metres of a fire hydrant
- within 1.5 metres of a driveway
- on a roadway which is 6 metres or less in width
- on any portion of a highway not intended for vehicle parking
- during snow removal and street sweeping operations
- angle parking is permitted on a highway where the angle has been designated by signs or markings on the roadway
- no person shall remain parked on any highway where there are parking meters unless such vehicle is parked entirely within the area designated as a parking meter space
Stopping Prohibited - Whether Signs Have Been Erected or Not:
- within a pedestrian crossover, within 30 metres of the approach side of a pedestrian crossover or within 15 metres of the leaving side of a pedestrian crossover
- within thirty (30 m) metres of the approach or leaving side of a roundabout
- within 34 metres of the approach side of a bus stop and within 18 metres of the leaving side of a bus stop
- within an intersection or crosswalk
- between the hours of 7:00 am to 7:00 pm within 30 metres of the approach side of a school crosswalk and within 10 metres of the leaving side of a school crosswalk
- upon a bridge, within an underpass or within 30 metres of any such structure unless parking is otherwise permitted by signs
- on or partly on or over a sidewalk
No person shall park or stop any vehicle or permit a vehicle to remain parked or stopped on any highway except as follows:
- where there is a raised curb, on the right side of the roadway, having regard to the direction in which the vehicle was travelling, with its right front and rear wheels parallel to and not more than fifteen (15) centimetres away from such curb; or
- where there is no curb or a rolled curb, on the right side of the highway having regard to the direction in which the vehicle was travelling, with the right front and rear wheels parallel to and as near to the right hand limit of the highway as is practicable without stopping over any part of a highway which is landscaped or which is not intended for the use of vehicles