Submitting a development application form
All development applications except for those to the Committee of Adjustment can be filled out electronically. The online application forms contain useful links and additional information to help applicants navigate through the development review process. Applications also include a fee calculator to help ensure that proper fees are collected with a submission.
- Please note that applications forms cannot be completed in your web browser. Please download the form and save on your computer. You will then be able to fill out the form, save and print as required.
- Before submitting a form, you should complete the City’s Pre-application Consultation Process – even if your application is not subject to pre-application consultation you are strongly encouraged to contact Planning staff to discuss your proposal and determine study and plan requirements.
- Ensure that you have attempted to complete all applicable sections of the application form. If required information is missing, the City has the ability to place your application on hold until that information is received.
- After you have completed your application form, you should submit it, your payment, and copies of all required studies and plans to a Client Service Centre. The application will be forwarded to the appropriate department where staff will be assigned.
All required items from the pre-consultation must be completed including engineering reports stamped and signed. Plans are to be standard A1 size (594 mm x 841 mm) or Arch D size (609.6 mm x 914.4 mm) sheets, dimensioned in metric, utilizing an appropriate Metric scale (1:200, 1:250, 1:300, 1:400 or 1:500) and all PDF submitted documents are to be unlocked and flattened.
The application is reviewed in detail by the assigned staff to ensure it is complete. Staff will advise the applicant if the application does not meet the requirements and if other information is required. It is important to note that the target timelines for applications will not commence until the submission requirements and any information or materials required to process the application are submitted by the applicant.
- Pre-Application Consultation
- Demolition Control
- Establishing Non-Conforming Rights
- Front Ending Application
- Request for Heritage Status
- Heritage Permit Application
- Historic Land Use Inventory
- Lifting 30 Centimetre Reserve
- Lifting Holding By-law
- Lifting Interim Control By-law
- Lifting Part Lot Control
- Municipal concurrence and public consultation process for antenna systems
- Official Plan Amendment
- Plan of Condominium
- Plan of Subdivision
- Site Plan Control
- Street or Lane Closing or Opening
- Zoning By-law Amendment
Guide to preparing studies and plans
- Standards, policies and guidelines
- A guide to preparing cultural heritage impact statements
- Composite Utility Plan
- Concept plan showing proposed land uses and landscaping
- Gravity pipe design guidelines
- High Performance Development Standards
- Impact assessment of development on landform features
- Mature Neighbourhoods Streetscape Character Analysis
- Mineral Aggregate Resource Reference Manual
- Old Landfill Management Strategy
- Servicing and grading plan requirements
- Servicing study guidelines for development applications
- Site Alteration By-law
- Slope stability guidelines for development applications
- Wellhead protection area plan for private communal wells
Fees and funding programs
- Development application fees
- Brownfields Redevelopment Community Improvement Plan
- Parkland contribution
- Cash-in-lieu of Parkland Funds Policy
- Community Improvement Programs
- Development Charges
- Guaranteed Application Timeline Initiative (GATI)
- Built Heritage Funding Programs
- Section 37 Implementation Guidelines
- Development planning and building funding
- Park Development Local Servicing Provisions (effective 2014)