How to register
How to register for courses and camps
- Sign-in or create an account.
- If you forgot your account information, you can have your account information e-mailed to you.
- Find a program.
You can also register in person by visiting a recreation facility or client service centre.
The following service will be provided in person. We strongly recommend you schedule an appointment with us, but walk-ins will be accepted between 8:30 am to noon and 1 to 4 pm.
Please select a location to book an appointment time:
- Laurier Client Service Centre, 110 Laurier Avenue West
- Nepean Client Service Centre, 101 Centrepointe Drive
- Kanata Client Service Centre, 580 Terry Fox Drive (open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays only)
- Orleans Client Service Centre, 255 Centrum Boulevard (open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays only)
- Metcalfe Client Service Centre, 8243 Victoria Street (open Tuesday)
- West Carleton Client Service Centre, 5670 Carp Road (open Wednesday)
- North Gower Client Service Centre, 2155 Roger Stevens Drive (open Thursday)
How it works
Dozens of virtual classes are being offered for people of all ages. Staying active and occupied with live-streamed, interactive classes is a perfect way to promote physical and mental well-being.
The courses are hosted on Zoom, a free streaming service.
Access to Zoom is free.
You do not need a Zoom account to join the virtual class unless you are using a tablet. If you are using a tablet, you must have the (free) Zoom app downloaded onto your tablet and be logged in to an account.
- Before your first class, you will receive an email with a Zoom meeting link.
- At the time of your class, click the link and follow the steps.
If you would like more information about using Zoom, a video is available on their website.
Technology requirements and supplies
- You will need a charged computer or tablet with video and microphone capabilities.
- You will also need a high-speed internet connection.
If a class requires supplies, either a list will be provided to you or a supply kit will be made available for pick up on designated dates. Supply details will be provided to you upon registration.
Terms and conditions of virtual program participation
Only registered participants may participate in the live streaming of the program. Any link to a virtual program that is provided to a participant is for the exclusive use of that participant and is not to be shared.
It is the responsibility of the participant or parent/guardian to remove debris and ensure a safe environment before participation. It is the responsibility of the participant or parent/guardian to ensure the safety and suitability of participants’ premises for participation in the virtual program. By participating in the virtual program, the participant acknowledges that the City of Ottawa accepts no responsibility for ensuring the safety or suitability of the participants’ premises for participation in any virtual program or activity.