Based on the provincial announcement made on October 10, and remaining in effect for 28 days, arenas will be limited to 10 participants and changerooms are closed.
Only 10 participants are permitted at an arena for team practices or drills, including coaches. In addition, no spectators are allowed, and the use of dressing rooms are restricted to washrooms, storage and first-aid.
As of October 10, the following restrictions are in place due to provincial measures to slow the spread of COVID-19:
- Team sports using City facilities are limited to training and drills, with no scrimmages or competitive play permitted
- Teams must also restrict the number of participants to 25 outdoors and 10 indoors – a total number that includes both players and coaches.
- Public skating and skating lessons in indoor arenas have been suspended.
The following arenas have reopened:
- Tom Brown Arena
- Ray Friel Recreation Complex – Arenas 2 and 3
- Minto Recreation Complex – South arena
- Fred Barrett Arena – West and East arenas
- CARDELREC Recreation Complex Goulbourn – Matt Bradley and Katie Xu Arenas
- Bob MacQuarrie Recreation Complex - Orléans – Roger Sénécal and Elizabeth Manley arenas
- Sandy Hill Arena
- Bell Centennial Arena
- Jack Charron Arena
Arena bookings can be made by emailing email@example.com or phoning 613-580-2595.
Teams must have valid insurance of a minimum $2 million inclusive per occurrence for bodily injury, death and damage to property in one of the following forms:
- Commercial General Liability,
- Special Events Liability,
- Home Owners’ Personal Liability, or
- Tenants or Condominium Owners’ Personal Liability
Insurance shall name the City of Ottawa as an additional insured. Coaches names must be listed on the policy if they are using their organizations insurance. Affordable insurance is available through City of Ottawa Centralized Allocations staff for your convenience. A valid Insurance certificate must be submitted when requesting booking, otherwise insurance will automatically be added.
Participants must adhere to all Provincial gathering restrictions and requirements from their respective sporting regulatory bodies. In addition, the City has implemented COVID-19 safety measures in City facilities. Please also arrive dressed in your gear as much as possible.
Browse information regarding credits and refunds for cancelled rentals.