Whether you wish to keep in shape, learn a new skill or develop a talent, the Heron Seniors’ Centre has a variety of recreational programs designed to suit an active adult lifestyle. A professional team of instructors makes the centre a popular destination for retired or pre-retired adults.
613-247-4808 ext. 2
Please contact the facility by phone or email for information on opening hours and washroom availability.
- On site parking
You are encouraged to continue to reserve a space for drop-in programs in advance, as the move to increased capacities will vary amongst facilities and increase gradually. In-person walk-in registration will be accepted when space allows. Please also see Drop-in activities.
As of September 22, 2021, you must present proof you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter an indoor recreation facility, as mandated by provincial regulations. Please bring an electronic or hard copy of your vaccination receipt confirming you are fully vaccinated and valid identification, unless you met one of the exemptions listed in the provincial regulations.
Please note Heron Seniors Centre drop-ins are taking place at Albion Heatherington Recreation Centre
- Reserve your space by phoning 613-247-4808 ext. 2 in advance.
- Please show up no more than 15 minutes prior to your reservation.
- Your spot is reserved up to 10 minutes after the start of the session.
- You can make a walk-in reservation on the day of if there are spaces remaining. To avoid disappointment, we strongly encourage you to reserve by phone.
- Payment can be made on-site. Please note our pin pads do not currently accept "tap".
For rental availability and information, please call the facility.
To browse registered programs available City-wide, visit our online Recreation Guide PDFs.
To search registered programs available at this facility, please visit JOINOttawa.
Located within the Heron Community Centre, our accessible facilities include;
- Fully equipped weight room and cardio room
- Dance studio
- Computer lab
- Artists’ studio