Whether you wish to keep in shape, learn a new skill or develop a talent, the Heron Seniors’ Centre has a variety of recreational programs designed to suit an active adult lifestyle. A professional team of instructors makes the centre a popular destination for retired or pre-retired adults.
613-247-4808 ext. 2
Please contact the facility by phone or email for information on opening hours and washroom availability.
- On site parking
Under Step Three of the provincial reopening plan, Recreation and Cultural Services will resume at some locations. New capacity limits and preventative measures will be implemented. Access to most activities will require a reservation in advance.
Please note Heron Seniors Centre drop-ins are taking place at Albion Heatherington Recreation Centre
- Select the button below to reserve your spot. Available sessions for the next two days will be displayed in green.
- Reserve your space as of 6 pm for up to two days in advance.
- Please show up no more than 15 minutes prior to your reservation.
- Your spot is reserved up to 10 minutes after the start of the session.
- You can reserve one session per day.
- If you are unable to reserve a spot online, you can make a walk-in reservation on the day of, if there are spaces remaining. To avoid disappointment, we strongly encourage you to reserve your space online.
- Payment can be made on-site. Please note our pin pads do not currently accept "tap".
- You can book a maximum of:
- 2 spaces at a time for older adult activities
- COVID-19 safety measures (including mask rules, fitness rules and arena rules)
- Drop-in fees
- Program descriptions
- Cancel your reservation
Please note: The schedules listed in the charts below are a general overview.
|TMC 50+||n/a||10 – 11 am||n/a||10 – 11 am||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Chair yoga||n/a||n/a||1 - 2 pm||n/a||10 - 11 am||n/a||n/a|
|Hatha yoga||n/a||n/a||11 am - noon||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Yoga 50+||10 - 11 am||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
Some changes are coming to our drop-in reservation process!
- You will soon be able to view session times in the front desk booking system for a week in advance. This will provide you with the most accurate view of available sessions.
- Sessions will continue to be available for booking two days in advance.
- The full schedules in chart format will no longer be posted on ottawa.ca. If you are looking for a full schedule, please feel free to contact the facility of your choice and request a copy be sent to you via email.
We are continuing to make improvements to our booking system to ensure a positive experience for our clients and look forward to more enhancements in the coming months.
For rental availability and information, please call the facility.
To browse registered programs available City-wide, visit our online Recreation Guide PDFs.
To search registered programs available at this facility, please visit JOINOttawa.
Located within the Heron Community Centre, our accessible facilities include;
- Fully equipped weight room and cardio room
- Dance studio
- Computer lab
- Artists’ studio