The Nepean Visual Arts Centre offers specialty arts classes taught by accomplished artists - painters, potters, illustrators, sculptors, photographers - in custom studio spaces for participants of all levels of ability. Students experience a diversity of arts instruction in a creative and dynamic environment.
Participants also have the opportunity to display their artwork at Nepean Visual Arts Centre’s studio gallery.
Exciting opportunities are available to young artists as well - find out more about Young at Art.
Our sister facility, The Nepean Creative Arts Centre, has arts-specific studios available for rent, including music, dance, theatre and visual arts studios, a black box theatre, recital hall, set construction workshop, and meeting rooms for you to pursue your talents and artistic aspirations.
Arts Centre courses are taught by talented artists. These teachers are specialists in their particular discipline or medium, with fine arts degrees, and/or exhibition experience to their credit. Our instructors guide students to see the world in a different way, learn about art, and help participants to express their feelings and ideas in a unique and powerful medium – the arts. They provide opportunities to explore, experiment, and have fun!
Location and contact
Ideal for visual arts and pottery activities, five studios are equipped for arts workshops, retreats and events. You may also book a specialized workshop with our skilled instructors.
Arts-specific studio rentals include:
- High quality instruction in studios equipped for the arts.
- Natural lighting
- Exhibition and performance opportunities
- A pottery hand building studio and wheel room with 12 wheels, including an accessible wheel.
- Glazing (sixteen glazes offered) and firing provided.
- Note: Participants in pottery programs must provide their own clay and tools. All clay must be purchased at the NVAC at a fee per bag. An assortment of clays are available.
Amenities and features
- Washrooms – gender-specific
- Free parking
- On site parking
- Floor surfaces
- Passenger loading zone
- Reception desks