The Nepean Visual Arts Centre offers specialty arts classes taught by accomplished artists - painters, potters, illustrators, sculptors, photographers - in custom studio spaces for participants of all levels of ability. From preschool to adult, students experience a diversity of arts instruction in a creative and dynamic environment. Artists also have the opportunity to display their artwork at Nepean Visual Arts Centre’s studio gallery.
The Nepean Creative Arts Centre offers programming in performing arts as well as visual arts. The NCAC arts-specific studios include music, dance and visual arts studios, a black box theatre and set construction workshop.
Location and contact
Ideal for visual arts and pottery activities, five studios are equipped for arts workshops, retreats and events. Natural lighting, easels, a pottery hand-building studio and a wheel room with 12 wheels including an accessible wheel, are available to book for a specialized workshop with our skilled instructors.
Interested in hosting an arts workshop or party for your friends, organization or team? The arts centres are able to help coordinate space and schedule an arts instructor. Contact us for more information.
Be the first to hear about new classes and workshops, special events and artistic features by subscribing to our eNewsletter. Please be advised that we do not currently distribute the eNewsletter in French.
Arts Centre courses are taught by talented artists. These teachers are specialists in their particular discipline or medium, with fine arts degrees, and/or exhibitions, and/or performance experience to their credit. They are professional actors or theatre technicians, painters, potters, singers and teachers.
Our instructors guide students to see the world in a different way, learn about art; and help participants to express their feelings and ideas in a unique and powerful medium – the arts. They provide opportunities to explore, experiment, and have fun!
- Alana Latincic, Summer Camps
- Blair T. Paul, Introduction to Acrylic Landscape Painting, Collage Based Acrylic Painting
- Carla Burns, Botanical Watercolour
- Colette Beardall, Functional Handbuilding, Sculpture, Raku Workshops
- Doug Moir, Wheel Level 1, Wheel Level 1 and 2, Pottery Special Project
- Heather Gallup, Watercolour – Level 1 and Level 2
- Jan Salmon, Botanical Coloured Pencils
- Jadzia Romaniec, Canvas and Cocktails, Oil and Acrylic Painting Level 1
- Katherine McNenly, Traditional Oil Techniques - Level 1 and Level 2
- Kerri Weller, Botanical Drawing Basics, Botanical Watercolour Basics, Leaves - Colour, Pattern, and Composition, Botanical Composition, Botanical Art Garden Journal
- Kerry Stothers, Drawing: Introduction, Painting: Oil/Acrylics, Level 1 and Level 2
- Lauren Foster McLeod, Botanical Drawing
- Liz Hoffmann, Wheel and Handbuilding Combo, Wheel Level 1 and 2
- Maya Hum, Sketching and Painting, Soft Pastels, Art Journaling for Youth
- Meagan Pethick, Wheel Basic and Intermediate (Youth), Pottery Wheel - Parent and Teen, Wheel and Handbuilding Combo, Summer Camps
- Mirana Zuger, Big Scale Abstract Art - Adult
- Roger Davidson, Coloured Pencil Basics
- Susan Gold, Experience Clay, Wheel Level 1
- Susan Kunstadt, Children’s Handbuilding
- Susan Ukkola, Abstract Mixed Media Twist, Abstract Mixed Media Guided Studio
- Suzanne Warren Powell, Wabi-Sabi Mixed Media Painting, Pastel Class, Expressive Non-Objective Drawing for Mixed Media, Large Scaled Mixed Media Painting, Contemporary Drawing, Watercolour- Expressive Experimentation
- Taylor Plakholm, Children’s Multimedia Mixing It , Big Scale Abstract Art, Summer Camps
- Ted Duncan, Watercolour Level 1 and Level 2
- Terry Hoganson, Cartooning and Adult Coloured Pencil
- Tim Thibeault, Parent and Child Pottery, Handbuilding - Youth, Summer Camps, Adult Handbuilding and Sculpture
Amenities and features
- Free parking
- Free public Wi-Fi
- On site parking
- Floor surfaces